Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Guess the 2s aren't very popular...

Discussion in 'F22 (2014–)' started by tonepub, Jun 3, 2017.

tonepub guest

Anyone else out here with an M2, M235 or M240? I'm really enjoying my M235. Curious to see what you guys/gals are up to with this car.

asanchez008

Mate, we're too busy enjoying the driving experience to come to the forums. ;)

Love my M235i, it is the only reason I smile during my commutes to work early in the morning.

bccanuck59

Same answer as asanchez008 applies to my 17 M240i. Seven months, 7500 miles, and my only problem is finding more time to be in it.

SLangenthal

I am looking at leasing a 2018 M240i xDrive, any recommendations? I never considered an M until I realized you can get xDrive. I live in New York and will not drive a rear wheel drive in the snow. I am looking at a 2018 model since the iDrive is uodated abd the screen will be a touch-acreen and an option is available for a 8" screen. Supposedly the interior is new and the head lights and tail lights are LED now.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Hi there tone pub. I am thinking about getting a 2 series for daily driver. About 500mi/ week. What do you think? If I buy one I sure will be active here. Thanks

asanchez008

I daily drive my 2 series roughly the same amount per week, 33,000 miles and it has been issue free. Granted, I'm changing oil every 5000 miles (like my Bavarian darling deserves) so it better not give me problems. The N55 is pretty bulletproof as far as bmw engines go.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Thanks for the feedback. What major service have you been through so far? Anything to watch for when looking for one?

asanchez008

No major work that came at a cost to me. Just the standard maintenance items (filter, oil, etc.).

asanchez008

If buying used, make sure to have it certified for the extended warranty up to 100,000 miles.
    Touring525i4dawgs likes this.

critter441

Love my M235i. Had Dinan Stage 2 software, exhaust and pedals put in. Also steel brake lines. Only issue I have had with it is that the clutch is slipping at 43500 miles. I have driven manuals all my life, took my driving test on one, and NEVER have I had a car have the clutch go out at less than 50K. Owned the car since mile 2. Maybe burned the clutch once in snow trying to get the car into the garage on a hill and on a San Francisco steep like hill having to use the parking brake as well. Totally in the norm of use. Seeing if it can be covered under warranty, but currently waiting to have BMW break open the clutch to see if so.
    • Staff

steven s

>I had a car have the clutch go out at less than 50K
    My wife burned up her clutch in our Mini trying to get out of snow.
    That is not normal use. :)

haslettworm

Picked up my 2019 M240i last month. Having LSD installed next week. Have heard many owners state that it is not needed unless tracking. To paraphrase Muddy Waters: You can't use what you ain't got...you can't miss what you ain't never had. IMO an LSD is a must for a car with this amount of hp and torque. Anyone out there who has one?
    asanchez008 likes this.

3hawks

Live in NEPA so same snow issues as you. M235i xdrive. 4 Michelin Xice tires and the car is like a tank in the snow.

3hawks

Can't speak to popularity of the 2's, but they are constantly compared to the original formula; IE: 2002s and E46 M3's. Mine is a M235i x-drive Cabrio. BM3 stage 1 tune. Back seat is very useful for groceries and small dogs but little else. Front room is fine for my 6'2" 230 lbs. overall comfort is good, though not exceptional. Very agile and fun through the twisties. Overall, happy with mine
    • Staff

steven s

Picked up a 2016 M235i CPO a few weeks ago.

Attached Files:

sbramlett

I have an F23 M235i. Love it!

dradernh

In terms of size and weight, my M240i is very much like the M635CSi that I owned in the mid-80s. Compared to the 2002, I think it's a different car in virtually every way a GT car compared to a sports car, if you will.
    castiron likes this.

castiron

2016 M235i xDrive owned about two years. Fun car to drive. Recently was wiping down the engine bay and found a broken coolant return line. It was broken at the end and typical of BMW’s, right at 60k miles. It was an easy fix, luckily I was in my garage. Line sits right on top so a real bonus. Parts guy at ECS Tuning told me he had the same problem with his 335i.

bas11328xi

Hello, Just purchased a low mileage 2016 228i /convertible /Sport.....White w/Red leather... Took it for a 2,500 mile spin out to the Grand Canyon from Florida. I enjoyed it very much. Previously owned a 2011 328XI.This twin turbo is much more responsive then the 328.... Wish it was an M... Brad...
    dradernh likes this.