Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The Wright Stuff January 2018

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by 322249, Jan 16, 2018.

I am outraged by David Wright’s column in this month’s Roundel. Using his column to present his views on gun control has no place in the BMW CCA magazine. His claim to approach the issue of gun control in a sensible manner is not what he expresses. He describes the Second Amendment of our Constitution as oddly worded implying that it has something to do with hunting. He uses as an example that the AR 15 as though it is a fully automatic weapon; which it is not. He goes on to compare apples to oranges by citing Roe v. Wade using the comparison to claim that no right is absolute. I suppose by that logic most of us should have our speeding tickets expunged and the fines reimbursed.

Granted, we are all saddened and outraged by recent gun related crimes. But the Second Amendment is not the problem. Criminals are the problem. Does he not know that cites with the highest crime rates are the same places with the highest restrictions on gun ownership?

Jim Robinson

Houston, Texas

MGarrison

I bet the March & April Roundel issues will have a slew of letters sharing a similar sentiment to yours, whichever are selected to be included. This is supposed to be a car club - if I want political opinions, I can get that anywhere. I've had no interest in Wright's ongoing political diatribes in the Roundel for ages now.
    charlson89 likes this.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

I met a Guy...

A few weeks ago I was on my Honeymoon on the Island of St. Lucia. I was wearing my NRA hat while walking on the beach with my Bride. I walked up towards a gentleman sitting by the beach & he commented on my hat. He too was a member of the NRA & we spoke for a few minutes. Later that week I went down for breakfast & as luck would have it, my wife & I ended up being seated next to him & his wife. This morning, I had my BMW polo shirt on. He was excited, because he too was a member of the BMWCCA. Thousands of miles from home it was like finding a long lost brother. Tarheel & Lone Star Chapters, two car guys, that also appreciate firearms.

More people are killed in car accidents every year than shooting accidents... Is anyone worried about their car being banned?
    MGarrison likes this.

MGarrison

Shhhh.....!! Don't start giving people ideas! :p