Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member Central NJ ( 2nd BMW )

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by quiksr20, May 14, 2012.

quiksr20

Hello All,

Just wanted to do a small introduction and let you guys know where a little background on how I landed here.

I have been into cars since I got my license some 16 years ago ( 33 now ) have had tons of cool
    cars from MKII-MKIV Jetta / Golfs.. Bunch of Sentra SE-R's, Fast RWD and FWD cars etc.

I have a few hard core BMW guys at my job ( software company ) the one friend races an E36 M3 at NJ Motorsports park and recently bought a 335i after being around that car many times and numerous other BMW's ive always thought about getting one but never did.

Well fast fwd to last year I had my car I built from the ground up ( turbo sentra se-r ) I know FWD but a really fun all around 90s car that does alot of stuff pretty well. ( 275WHP/235 TQ ). and my daily driver which they would call the japanese 3 series ( 06 G35 6MT - sedan )...

One late summer night I was having a beer with a friend and he was telling me, My aunt has this car shes gonna donate you may want to check it out. I would take it but I have no room and if you want you can have it... Me, Sure what is it ??? 89 325is Manual ( black / black ) needs some work but its in ok shape.. My eyes light up ILL TAKE IT.. well this is where it begins.. I fixed that car all up and drove for 6 months had a baby in that time frame and just couldn't keep two project cars. The sentra I already invested tons into so I couldn't let that go just had way too much blood and sweat into it.

I cringed and put the E30 for sale and it sold, When I had that car I fell in love and really started to read and read and get into BMW's more and more... So much more I put my G35 for sale 2 weeks later and now im here. Just picked a CPO BMW 328i. I really wanted a 335i but with the new baby
    and the Sentra to satisfy my speed hunger I thought the 328 was a good choice as long as I got it with the options I wanted.

Its a 328i Sport Package 6 speed w/ OEM HID's and real leather, Picked it up last week for 22k with 41k miles. Its practically like new and mint.

Heres a few pics :

My E90
    [IMG]

[IMG]

My E30 ( sold and missed )
    [IMG]

[IMG]

My Turbo Sentra SE-R

[IMG]

Car is getting re-sprayed Audi TT Nimbus Grey, Engine bay done already.. ( its a fun car on full coil overs / es bushings / etc ) LSD Diff, Turbo etc

[IMG]

Hope I didnt bore you guys I tend to write alot but wanted to share my story.. Big enthusiast and really loving this new BMW, The E30 just sucked me in the last bit I needed to buy a newer one.

Would love to meet any other BMW enthusiasts in the area or know about any events or get togethers etc.

Thanks,

brucembergeron

Welcome, and thanks for the introduction. Sounds like your car obsession will be around a long time. You are going to you love your E90. I'd be interested in hearing your comparison of the E90 with your G35. Do you track your SE-R?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome! You have some nice rides in your portfolio. Good luck with the new 328!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse! That 328i is one sweeeet ride...if I'm correct, it's the car that Mike Miller thinks is the best all-around BMW available. And the N52 engine (if that's what you have) is a classic!

quiksr20

I would be glad to give a comparision shortly as I have only logged a few miles so far, But ill post an update shortly.. Both are great machines but I am already loving this one more and ill get into that in a future post.

I have drag raced my Sentra a few times for fun, Best time ever was a 12.9@105 as for road racing I have not but I am looking into road racing it eventually, I have a lot of Sentra guys that road race and really enjoy it. Its a peppy little motor same as comes in the Japanese Silvia ( 240sx ) can make a ton of power, Rev 8000RPM etc.
    Mine is pretty basic but a blast to drive.

Cool I just started about his maintenance plans ( from what I hear they are rules to live by for a happy BMW ), YES N52 really feels like a new version of my E30 325is I use to own. So yes it feels like classic BMW DNA.

Thank you, Im really loving the new car.

quiksr20

Wow time has flew by, Recently I replaced my E90 328 with an F30 328 an added a tune.. I miss that i6 growl but this thing is fun.. Also added an E36 convertible that I purchased bone stock ( 1 owner ) and have slowly been restoring to its past glory.. Not a full restore but refreshing the suspension, fixing leaks, fixing dry rotted body parts etc etc..

Attached Files:

charlson89

Nice e36, I like the rims!

quiksr20

Thanks, M3 Contours refinished in matte silver. Still have the OEM vibe I was going for just a tad diff.