Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Passenger window bounces from top position and goes to 2/3 open

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by brunp, Jul 19, 2018.

brunp

So, this is happening. I can inch the window open up to the fully closed position, but it has to be timed and controlled, but if I just press open or auto-open, bounces down to 2/3 open. I tried the reset procedure that was listed on a number of forums, but it doesn't seem to work.

I tried the 5 seconds, hold it in the open position approach and nothing.

I tried the press "Open" button 4 times within 10 seconds to de-initialize after window is open, and then trying to close/open/close, but doesn't work. At some point, the window stopped working altogether and was stuck at 2/3 open for a while until I re-started the car after a bit of time.

Any suggestions?

Paul

MGarrison

Wish I did Paul, unfortunately that's nothing I know anything about! Hopefully others will know something!

charlson89

Sounds like you lost initialization of the window. To relearn the window, move the window to its lowest position and hold the switch down for 10 sec then move the window to the closed position and hold the switch closed for another 10 secs and the window should initialize. If the window stops moving from trying this a few times it is because of a thermal safety that shuts down the motor to allow itself to cool. And after a set amount of time will allow it to work again.