Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New To Me 428i

Discussion in 'F32 (2013-present)' started by BimmerBrad, Jul 6, 2018.

BimmerBrad

Just purchased a 2016 428i Convertible in Alpinweiss with Venetian Beige Dakota Leather. I first mod I'm planning on is improving the brakes. Any suggestions?

charlson89

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forums! What are you looking for in brake improvements? Are you looking to track the vehicle or just some better street performance? Also does the vehicle have the sport brakes already?

MGarrison

Congrats on the new ride! I'd say forget cross-drilled or slotted rotors for one thing, solid rotors are the vastly better choice for the majority of us. I'd expect stock brake fluid to be fine for most street driving, I suppose extended spirited canyon carving might have you experience some brake fade warranting a higher-perf. brake fluid. Racing brake pads are better for the track than street, so pad-wise, maybe some hybrid street-track pad.

BimmerBrad

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe a few club track days. Nothing too serious.
    Has anyone had trouble with their A/C not reverting back from eco mode to comfort mode? I encountered this in my first week of ownership. Took it to the dealer and they performed a software update. Granted, it is hot and humid here in the Old Dominion, but the A/C seems a bit anemic to me.

MGarrison

Maybe others will pipe-up; newest I have is '13 X1 and just for 3 months, haven't played with the eco option much to figure any of it out. Your a/c shouldn't be weak though, at least I wouldn't expect so.