Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Soft Boot

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by OldSid, Jul 18, 2008.

OldSid guest

I have another question. My Z3 has the molded (hard) boot, which becomes problematic when we take a trip and need the trunk space. So we end up leaving it at home. Does anyone use the soft boot I see available at Z3 Solutions? It says it has the same four attachment points as the hard boot. I guess I am wondering what prevents the rear of the boot from flopping in the breeze. Can any of you enlighten me?

GELB - M guest

I think you will be very happy with the boot cover from roadster solutions (z3 solutions). A few of my friends have one and are very happy with it. It's very easy to put on and can be folded up pretty small.

lcjhnsn

I met Dick Leinbach, the owner of Roadster Solutions at Homecoming last week, he's a great guy.

I've been looking for an Imola red soft boot cover to go with my Imola red boot. Although Dick sells his soft boot covers in black and tan, he told me about this offering from HMS Motorsports...

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/z3/z3-interior/z3-soft-boot

But for that price, I'll probably go with the black Roadster Solutions cover

OldSid guest

Thanks for your recommendation. Also got a reply from GELB - M saying basically the same thing, that I would be happy with the Roadster Solutions cover. I ordered a Tan one today from Roadster Solutions. My Z3 is Boston Green with a tan top and tan interior.

I'm loving the Z3 more every day. I, along with the better half, just got back from a trip with it to Midway, Utah, to attend a BMW Motorcycle rally. Early this summer, we decided to sell our BMW bike and buy the Z3. We'll never look back.

A black cover should look nice on your white Z3, along with the red interior.