Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 M3 brake noise

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by wanesso, Jul 18, 2008.

wanesso

Should I be concerned about squeaking brakes, occasionally, as I'm coming to a stop? Manuel/shop says they can make noise at times.....this is a real squeak.

UltraMagneticAL guest

squeeking is normal for high performance brakes.

wanesso

brakes

hallelujah---a relief, last time I heard brake noise like this it was on a suburban who's brakes needed constant work---thanks for the info.

EuroWerkz1

Although it is true high performance brakes tend to squeak and vibrate enough to cause some noise, BMW goes to great lengths (some of us would say to far) to overcome this issue on production cars including the M3 with compounds and rotor machining to promote ideal pad to rotor mating and to add minerals to the braking friciton materials that prevent these issues. My guess is that your brakes have never been bedded in and or you have a rust issue. Take it back to your BMW center for warranty repairs and see what they think.

Enjoy

UltraMagneticAL guest

i guess the question to ask is how often do they squeek? if it's all the time, then there's a problem. i *think* mine only squeek if it's cold and i'm doing a slow stop.

wanesso

brakes

No, they don't squeek all the time-----just on the odd slow stops---

BMWguy206 guest

+1 here. Slow stops only and is something I can live with.