Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Brand New Member

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JThomas, Feb 16, 2010.

JThomas

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to this forum and I have a couple of questions about setting up my account.

First, after signing on with my user name and password, is there any other benefit or use for the membership number, once I'm on the site? Is there any greater web access by using the membership number?

Second, I currently am not using an avatar and don't have a custom avatar. Is there any place where this registry might have "standard" BMW or BMWCCA avatars that can be used?

Thanks for the help and looking forward to enjoying this site.

Joe

tiFreak

you'd have to use the register link at the top of the page to get a full account, then you can use a custom avatar and signature

JThomas

Thanks for the response!

John in VA

Welcome!
    What do you drive, and where are you located?

JThomas

Located in Okemos, Michigan, just outside of Lansing, MI. Currently I'm a Corvette enthusiast with a
    ZR-1 and Z06. I also own a '68 Pontiac Catalina convertible, for cruising. The plan is to purchase the BMW as a retirement gift, in the very near future! I joined this site at the suggestion of a co-worker to gain knowledge of the vehicle and some experiences of BMW ownership. The planning and purchasing of this vehicle is going to be a wonderful experience!

Joe

JThomas

Wow! Time flies, well I purchased the "Retirement Gift" last year, it is a 2013 BMW 740Li. Glacier Silver and Black. I absolutely love driving the car. I am currently waiting the arrival of a 1994 BMW 740i that I recently purchased and being transported to Michigan. I purchased the '94 from a fellow club member on the west coast. Looking to get more involved in club events. Here's to a great summer of BMW fun!

charlson89

Welcome to the forums!

JThomas

Thank you!

MGarrison

Yeah, I guess it does! Welcome back, hope you can get out to whatever the Michiana gang's got going on up there! Congrats on the new rides!

JThomas

Thanks, I ran into a few of the Michiana members last year at a Cars and Coffee event. Seemed like nice people.