Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

CV Boots and runnin the track?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by bimmerque, Mar 7, 2008.

bimmerque

I'm having work done as we speak on both L/R front CV Boots, my xi has 43000 miles on her and I an amazed that these boots cracked so soon!

has any one had this issue, could ZI still run the track with cracked CV Boots? :confused:

MGarrison

I think the cv joints die in short order if not adequately lubed -

mjweimer

The lube in the CV boots will shoot out of the cracks as you drive and the CV joint will fail soon after.

43,000 miles is not unheard of for cracking of the boots. I help my buddy replace the front boots on his E30 iX at 100,000 miles and 30,000 miles later one side cracked again. Not a fun job.

Matt

bimmerque

luckly they were covered under the original factory warranty, I pick it up today. yes I was shock to see that, I was geeting exhust work done.

mjweimer

That is great that they were covered under warranty since it is not a fun job to do yourself and probably not cheap to get done at a dealer or independent mechanic.

Did the service adviser mention they were seeing a lot of these failures at lower mileage?

Matt