Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 M3 Front Bumper Lower Grill Replacement

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by modarin9, Apr 16, 2018.

modarin9

The front bumper lower grill has sustained damage from rocks. So there are several cracked/broken ribs. I've purchased a replacement grill but can't find any DIY videos on the internet. It seems that replacement requires the removal of the bumper.
    Does the whole bumper need to be removed to replace the grill or is there a simpler more straightforward way of replacing the grill?

MGarrison

Hopefully Charlson or somebody else has as an answer for ya, not anything I've ever done on an E46. I'm guessing the parts diagrams on realoem.com don't show enough detail to get close to be any help in figuring how to change it, although sometimes they're helpful in seeing where something attaches to something else.

modarin9

Thanks MGarrison. I had looked there and seems everywhere else without luck. But do appreciate your response.

MGarrison

I don't think this does much for a diy how-to, but maybe ebay auction pics of the same part for sale would be decent enough to see the backside of the bumper in some detail and aid some determination of whether it can be done with the bumper left on the car.

charlson89