Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replaced rear brakes; now what?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Swooz, Apr 5, 2018.

Swooz

So I went with a brake kit from R1 Concepts and had my neighbor/mechanic friend install along with new rear shocks. Everything fits, the car is running great, but when I use the iDrive to check if the sensor reset for my rear brakes, the computer is still saying I need them in 3100 miles. Is a special tool needed to reset? Do I need to make a trip to the dealer??

MGarrison

I don't have idrive in my E92, but I thought I could reset that, oil change reset, etc. - on mine, it's a procedure via the left stalk on the steering column.

charlson89

You can do this no problem tons of youtube videos on how to do this. Turn the ignition on, engine not running. The check engine light should be on if you are in the correct terminal. Wait until you see the outside temp and clock. Then push and hold the odometer reset button until the service menu opens (will show the symbol of what ever service is due next). Once open you can release the trip button and use the turn signal stalk roller switch to move up and down through the menu. Once you see a picture of the rear of the car meaning rear brakes push and hold the BC button on the turn signal stalk until the word reset comes up then release the button and press and hold again. This should is the sensor is properly installed reset the brake counter.

Swooz

Found the YouTube video and reset my reminder for rear brakes. It was easy and saved me a trip to the dealer. Thanks!