Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

"NoStart" warning won't reset

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by echima, Mar 20, 2018.

echima

just refilled diesel exhaust fluid 2013 X5d. filled with 4.5 gallons. the "no start" warning went from 779 miles (before the refill) and is now counting down from 999 once all the fluid was refilled. drove 17 miles since. as I recall, the last time I refilled, it reset itself automatically.

charlson89

Is there a check engine light on? This warning not going away can be another issue with the SCR system causing this light to come on. Most time is active tank level sensor. Did you fill both tanks or just the active?

echima

No check engine light....filled both tanks until no more fluid could be added (total ~ 4.5 gallons). No other warnings...checked OBD and no faults either.

charlson89

Possible issue with level sensors in the active tank then. There is a extended warranty on the tank depending on production date and mileage. Talk with your local dealer to see if your under a possible extended warranty.

echima

Thanks for helping out...the warning reset (on my way to the dealer) on it's own. strange it took 30-40 miles to do so. service tech hypothesized it could have been an air bubble? anyhow, it resolved

charlson89

Glad to hear it resolved itself!

mattm

Time to sell it or trade while the light is off. :(