Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth and a 335i

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by jreaton, Jul 14, 2008.

jreaton guest

I have spent several hours lately trying to match phones with my 335i. I have a Verizon plan and wish to use the LG enV2. Neither BMW or Verizon can give me a definitive answer. Other choices would be the Samsung Alias or the LG Dare. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, BMW warned that non compatible phones (their list) might fry my electronics???

bmwjimmy guest

Bluetooth

Just a suggestion - If you have any friends or family that have the phone you want, ask to try it in your car. It is pretty easy to program with the bluetooth, and you will know if it works before buying the phone.

I on the other hand have a verizon V710 which on the website about pairing said that I would have to get an adapter, so I waited until i got my car and it worked fine. So i am glad I didn't buy the adapter.

lugnut guest

I wouldn't worry too much about the actual electronics in your car. They will be fine. Worst case scenario is that your phone will sound like crap (my current situation w/ a Samsung Blackjack 2 on ATT).

jreaton guest

Decided to take a chance. Ordered an LG enV2. It paired with no trouble. all functions work. I hope it doesn't screw anything up.

Jonathan Spira guest

If you read the main story on the Bluetooth mobile tests here, you would see that an incompatible mobile can indeed advsersely impact the car's electronics although fry might be an extreme term.

Recently, I was contacted by someone who was charged $600 for reprogramming because, according to the dealership, he used an incompatible mobile that crashed iDrive and related systems. (While the case I cite in the article clearly did cause the crash, in the case of the latter, I believe it was merely a defective TCU and a really nasty BMW dealer in the Nashville area).

jreaton guest

fingers crossed hoping for the best.