Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I do not like the advertisements between posts on a thread

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by sunnyandrich, Jul 12, 2008.

sunnyandrich

Title says it all.

This is a big turn off for me.

az3579

Why, would you rather have popups or ads fully lining the sides of the page like some sites do? This is actually the most unobtrusive or least annoying forum I've ever visited that contains ads... some of them are just unbelievable.

Brian A

I'm still not used to them either

The ads still bug me too.
    http://www.bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235

I object philosophically in that I feel a member financed and operated website shouldn't have ads at all.

Yes mercifully, they are not as obnoxiious as other sites; no animation; no pop-ups; no member profiling/stalking (so far).

sunnyandrich

No, I would prefer not to have any ads at all.

The ones here interfere with the reading of the thread. I would have less problem if the ads were simply put at the top of the page allowing one to skip past them.

And this is by far NOT the most unobtrusive or least annoying forum I've ever visited. :)

az3579

Well, I meant least unobtrusive forum with ads, but if you have seen some with less annoying ads, please link me. I'm curious now...

I really didn't think it was bad at all. In fact, I never even noticed the ads. Anyone else thinks they're really annoying?

I do agree with Brian though, we are paying members and therefore should not have any ads on the site, but I personally couldn't care less as long as there aren't any "more" ads than there already are.

Oh well. I'm used to ads anyway; I don't have paid memberhips for anything, not even my local gym. The CCA is the only thing that's gett my money. :D

MGarrison

I virtually never notice the ads, and don't find them obtrusive, unlike, yes, countless other websites. As for me, I have no problem with the club partially offsetting the expense of the website with the current means of website advertising; it just means a larger money pool for the club to do what it does, which I consider to ultimately be both a direct and indirect benefit to myself and all other club members.