Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

removing suntan lotion stain on leatherette

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by sp911, Jul 11, 2008.

sp911 guest

about 2 weeks ago I got suntan lotion on the center console/arm rest black leatherette of my 2004 bmw 330xi. I tried vynlex, lexol cleaner, even water & vinegar 3-1 mix but nothing has worked so far. Lexol did the best job but I can still see the stain when the light hits it just right. Any suggestions? Thanks.

kkratoch

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I seen other raving about how it cleans leather.

Bimmerdan

I can vouch for the Magic Eraser! It's worked great so far on leather, leatherette, vinyl and plastic. It doesn't work on the Alcantara and I haven't tried it on cloth/material (can't imagine it would do well there either) but for dashboards, door panels, seats, consoles, etc....it works great!

330indy1

what is in the magic eraser product that makes it so effective?
    curious...

Bimmerdan

That's the scary part...there doesn't seem to be anything in it!? No soaps or chemicals...there is absolutely no reason they should work as well as they do?

WDW1Fanatic guest

Product description is here http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/products/eraser_extra_power.shtml. I started using this on white tennis shoes when it came out, but agree with the others that it has some practical use on car interiors. Just beware the "white stuff" rubs off and you'll need a duster or vacuum after use many times.