Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello Folks

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Blue92, Jul 10, 2008.

Blue92

I'm a first time BMW owner (14 months now) and am still wondering why I waited so long. I absolutely love my little 3'er! I look forward to learning more about these wonderful machines, their history and how-things-work. I'm a 47 year young Maintenance Group Leader so the "how-things-work" is very interesting to me. Glad to be here and planning a LONG stay!

Ron :D

Bimmerdan

Welcome Ron! Glad to have you on board!!

This forum (and the club in general) is a great resource for 'how things work' so you should enjoy it immensly. You're going to love that 335, it's an amazing car!!

bmwstepinstructor guest

Welcome Ron,

Enjoy, experience and share...hope we live up to your expectations

BMWSTEPInstructor

Bimmerdan

Uh-oh....people have expectations of us...??!! That just never ends well.....;)

Blue92

Thanks guys. It may be tough to balance drive time with learning time. My decision to get a BMW came from a conversation with my dad 30 years ago. He had been to Europe on business... "Of all those fancy cars, if I was going to buy one it would be a BMW". He never had his, but I'm sure glad I remembered that conversation. Mine isn't fancy, it's not loaded with options and I'm sure that his wouldn't have been either. The dealer was a little surprised when I ordered the sport package only. My comment was, " I'm buying this car to drive".

az3579

AMEN, BROTHA!

Every time I go to the BMW website to configure a 3-series that I won't be able to afford for 20 years, I always skip every other package except the Sport Package. Basic non-metallic Alpinweiss paint, black leatherette is fine, Sport package, and we're good to go!

Blue92

You described my car to a "T", well except for the Montego Blue paint. I enjoy the super smooth 6MT and am perfectly comfortable in the 'ette seats.

az3579

Have you got any pictures of the Montego Blue? It doesn't look quite right on the BMW website and wanted to see what it actually looks like...

Blue92

AZ... Actually I don't have any archived prints of my car on this hard drive. I will say, Montego Blue nearly defies photography. It changes colors before your eyes! The lighting & shadows can make for very wide contrasts. The body lines of the car fool you into believing that it isn't all the same color. I think the only way to get a true feel for the color is to look at one in person, move around to a different angle and you'll see why it is so hard to get a representative picture.

az3579

Autohaus guest

az3579

:D

Of course; you were there!

Blue92

That is it! It can appear to be a bright blue in direct sunlight and a Navy/Royal blue in the shade. Artificial lighting gets really interesting...