Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

power seats

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by jeffgraham667, Jul 7, 2008.

jeffgraham667 guest

hello i have just bought a 2001 525i.

front passenger seat does not move fwd or aft any ideas?

also lower eng shield is missing any ideas where to get replacement?

service eng soon light came on, local shop hooked it up said it was a misfire. he reset the light but it came on again after 150 miles. can i reset the light?

thanks

jeff graham

Autohaus guest

The power seat motor(s) could be the problem. This happened with a 99 528i sport we had and had the dealership replace it before we bought it. The lower engine shield can be purchased at the dealership, though they will charge you plenty for it. You could try bavauto.com and get the OEM part number from realoem.com. Resetting the light will not cure the misfire. Do you have service records available? When was the last time it had a tune-up? What is your mileage? I have 116K on my 01 525i and she is fine like wine (knocking on wood from now until the end of time).............

jeffgraham667 guest

Thanks for the info.

will check out the web sites

tune up may be needed though seems to run great.

jeff

Autohaus guest

With the price of gas soon to hit $5/gallon, a tune-up will save you on gas mileage. I get almost 500 miles a tank since the last tune-up (about 6K miles ago) and I drive mostly highway miles to work and back.