Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

July 27th in Fishkill, NY

Discussion in 'Concours & Show/Shine' started by Autohaus, Jul 7, 2008.

Autohaus guest

4 more days. I hope alot of people, I mean BMW's show up..........

az3579

*Ahem* Don't you see my sig pic? That CLEARLY is over 150! :rolleyes:

And your speech...

Amen brutha!

TeamStowell We love driving!

Word has been sent out to 80 members in the area a few minutes ago. One response so far - he can't wait to get together and hit the road.

I will keep you updated with a head count.

Autohaus guest

That was in your room! :p If your M20 325e which is the same exact engine as the M20 in my 528e can go 290K+ and I am at 224K, then I feel confident. However, I think the odometer doesn't work anymore ever since I got the car up and running. No worries, as the car will now be a Sunday car. I just have to remember to change the timing belt, water pump and pulley every 4 years and do the valve adjustment every year.

Autohaus guest

Sounds good to me. 25% chance of light rain. Its been raining like dogs and cats :rolleyes: for the past two days. I hope it will be nice and dry for the drive.

az3579

No it wasn't! Sssshh!!

Uh, I lived like that for a year and a half and let me tell you, it's not a good idea. Before I got my odometer replaced, I hadn't changed the oil since I got the car, which was about a year and some months into my ownership. I didn't think I drove that much, but when I installed the used instrument cluster I bought from eBay, I realized that I drive about 20k a year! So, quick oil change and has been religiously done every 5k since.

That odometer will be a blessing if you get it replaced, even if you drive it once every week. Trust me; we take it for granted big time. In fact, without the odometer, I wouldn't know that I have to change my oil before our meet on Sunday. :p

Autohaus guest

True, but I gotta get 3 new tires for the car, tune up, and a gas tank (it leaks when its a full tank, so I keep it 1/2 or less :().