Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

July 27th in Fishkill, NY

Discussion in 'Concours & Show/Shine' started by Autohaus, Jul 7, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I have picked out a route for us to take for a drive on Sunday the 27th. I am waiting for Scott to get back to me to see if the route would be possible. I plan on arriving around 10am for breakfast at McDonald's, then head back to the Home Depot parking lot to clean the wheels and get her ready for the drive:cool:. Hope you guys in the tri-state area can make it......

az3579

I hope the trip is worth it...

...puttin' the pressure on ya... :D

So am I meeting ya at Home Depot?

Autohaus guest

Yeah I figured we would all meet at the parking lot. The parking lot is so big we could fit about 1000 bimmers! That day is 2 days after my b-day, so the drive would be an excellent gift :)

az3579

Maybe I'll buy ya a tank of gas if I have enough. Ultimate b-day gift; free tank and a long winding road. :cool:

lcjhnsn

It is rather evident that this thread is not about a Show-n-Shine or Concours event, but about a proposed Regional Chapter Drive.

It's really too bad the Webmaster has chosen to ignore the repeated requests to add Regional specific forums here. This would be exactly the type of event that would be best suited for discussion in a Regional forum.

Just my $0.02, I don't think I'll be able to make the drive, but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to make another plea for the addition of the Regional Forums that we all deserve.

Autohaus guest

I hear you Lance. Maybe we should all go on a BMW strike if they don't add the specific Regional forums! All kidding aside, too bad you probably won't make it. Price of gas is killing us all :(. Don't worry about the tank of gas Paul, we all need our money to pay the big wigs of Exxon/Mobil/Sunoco, etc...

Autohaus guest

Only 8 more days left until the drive. I guess we are all meeting at the Home Depot parking lot around 11am. I'm pumped up!

az3579

Who's Paul? lol

What's the address of the Home Depot?

Autohaus guest

Not sure off hand, but just take I-84 West bound to exit 13 S (Rt 9 South). Home Depot will be 1/4 mile on your right (can't miss it). Fishkill should be about 30 minutes from Danbury CT. I'm thinking about having all three cars their (E28, E39 and the E46) but only using one for the drive. I figure it would be a mini bmw car show as well, right? Don't laugh at the E28 :(. I have M emblems on it! She has a few rot spots and both roundel emblems are shot! However, new emblems are on order and should arrive on Monday :). It took me 2 hours to wash her up yesterday. I brought her back from the dead. The car had a million bee hives. I flushed them out and all the bees and stomped on them before they could sting me :).

Autohaus guest

Is your name Paul? Or am I making a fool of myself?:eek:

az3579

The latter. :D

I found the store. I'll see ya there.

By the way, how on earth will you be able to bring 3 cars? What are you going to do with the rest of them when the time comes to set off? :p

Autohaus guest

We live only 5 miles away from Fishkill, so I will drive the 528e and the xi will be the shuttle. Come back home and get the 525i. I'd figure you guys would wanna see a 22 yr old BMW:cool:.

az3579

What, 21 year old isn't enough? lol j/k

There's nothing wrong with M badges as long as it doesn't say M5; that would just be an outright lie. :rolleyes:

You should drive that one. It's been out of commission all this time; give it the breather it so desperately needs. :cool:

TeamStowell We love driving!

Sorry about the delay guys....

I told the restaurant that a herd of us will be heading in around 12:45, so if the drive starts around 11:30 it should give us plenty of time to get back to the restaurant and meet up with the folks coming down from Albany. Meeting at 11 also gives local folks a chance to meet and chat before taking off into the hills.

I will be sending out the invite once I hear from you Chris. I just want to make sure the timing is correct.

Autohaus guest

I though about it, but some parts of the drive require aggressive driving:D and the 528e isn't ready for that just yet. She needs a valve adjustment, tune-up and three new tires (rear driver-side tire is pretty new, 1K on it, since it was replaced when the truck sideswiped the car almost 2 years ago and damaged the wheel and tire). Plus, the 528e is an automatic. Yes I know what your all saying, "Automatic!?!?!?" It was my first car and I didn't learn how to drive manual back then. The 525i is the only manual we have, so that will be the car to take.

Autohaus guest

Timing is fine. I just emailed you back. See you next week:cool:.

az3579

Ah, aggressive driving. It's a dirty business, but it must be done so we can arrive at our destination. :D

Chris, have you owned anything other than BMW's yet? lol
    I'm surprised you still have your first car... *cough*an.automatic.no.less*cough* ;)

Autohaus guest

I am fortunate that I have only owned BMW's. However, I started out at a very late age, 18 to be exact. My grandparents just took delivery of a 97 528i August 96 and that is how it started. I have put so much into the 528e that it is like a 2nd child to me over the past 12 years. However, I still do miss the 92 535i that I got August 99, but then met her ultimate fate 7 years later. When my better half showed me a pic of the car, I cried my eyes out :(. I get too attached to these cars. I know, I need help :eek:. Alot of people get high, go out every night, drink, etc... I do neither. I guess being BMW (thats how I call it) is how I get high, going out at night and drinking. I bleed BMW, but I guess I am not the only one who feels this way towards our cars. You bleed BMW too, right?!

az3579

Well if bleeding BMW is going out every day on this very short but rather fun road way out of my way to any of my destinations, then I guess I do too. :cool:

I'm the opposite of those people who store their cars: I love it so much I can't stop using it!

Autohaus guest

And its good that you drive your car alot. You should see 300K by Thanksgiving. A few "kids" who don't know much about cars drive Honda's because they think they are sport cars and also think that if they have a performance exhaust (which by the way is maybe 5 HP AT MOST by itself) that they say, "yo man, I get like 55 extra hp yo", they believe that they can shoot from 0-60 in like 5 seconds. Unless the Honda is a S-2000 or an Acura NSX, not a sports car in my book. Front wheel drive cars aren't sport cars. Honda's are great cars, don't get me wrong. More dependable than a BMW ever will be and are more reliable. However to me, driving a Honda is more like riding a bicycle. It is also not about speed, though. Your 325e may not win 1/4 strips or hit 150+, but the overall quality of an E30, fit and finisgh to me still puts alot of current cars to shame. A BMW is a BMW for life, no matter how old, mileage is, ya know?