Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bored on a Monday at work, so here I go...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Jul 7, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I finally saw the movie Cloverfield on Saturday night. All the hype over this movie late December/early January and I never got a chance to see it in the theaters. I would say that I liked the movie. I have mostly heard negative reviews, but to each his/her own, right? What pissed me off about the movie was that I think I saw an E32 on fire:mad:. This monster (mutated grasshopper or whatever) doesn't blink an eye when hit by tank shells, rocket launchers, napalm, nuclear bombs, etc... I though about, "what about freezing the SOB"? Also, if it were possible to put a nuclear warhead INSIDE the beast, then I am sure its internal organs will be affected by the blast, thus destroying it. To change gears for a bit, I plan on seeing the movie Hancock. What a stupid name for a movie. I think of Scarface saying, "Hancock? Sounds like a bird...flying around" when he tells Michelle Phiefer's character. I heard bad reviews too, but I will see it in the theaters. Which I now ask this question, who would win in a battle, Cloverfield monster or Hancock? :cool:

niemibl guest

Here is a warning: If you did not like seeing an E32 on fire in the movie Cloverfield, you will not like what they do to a pristine 2002 in Hancock. The car did have a pretty good supporting role in the movie.

Autohaus guest

I believe I saw a trailer and that Fresh Prince throws it and/or somehow gets over turned. Terrible terrible terrible. I'm having flashbacks of watching a million E28's getting totalled by the boxy S-class in the Clooney flick Peacemaker and the 3 E39's getting demolished in Mr. & Mrs. Smith:(.

az3579

Ah, Bimmers in movies. Let's not forget the "brand new" 325e in Death Wish 4 where the windows get smashed. That sounds waaaaaaaaay too familiar. :rolleyes:

kenny_lam

Nah

Don't worry too much about that 2002, most of what you saw was computer generated.

Ken

AlpineRob

yes that was a shame in Hancock..

But one of my favorite bmw scenes in the movies was from Ronin.. They really put that M5 to the test.. Great chase scene...

az3579

That was not an M5.

But a great chase nonetheless. :)

AlpineRob

Yeah I had a feeling once i typed in M5 that is was inaccurate.. sorry about that