Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to the CCA forums! my ix!

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by davey101, Jul 6, 2008.

davey101 guest

well, after being a member, e30 owner, and poster on the other major e30 boards for over a year...i decided to make my way over here :)

my name is Dave, i live in northeast CT, and about 15 months ago i purchased a 1990 325ix, 2 door, 5 speed. it had major leakage issues (oil, power steering, diff, etc.) and was missing or had several broken pieces. after a year i got back to an excellent condition and began adding stuff. so far ive done comfort seats to mint condition leather sport seats, map light rear view, premium sound with the nokia tweeteres but an upgrade to pioneer 5 1/4's, replaced an aftermarket antenna for the OE hirschsman, e30 m3 lighted mtech leather shift knob and boot, german check panel, is lip and spoiler, us plate filler, euro grilles, and the list goes on. next week im installing hella euro smilies as well :D

well..heres my ix:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034309

az3579

Very nice; she's a keeper. ;)

So you're a handyman, eh? Any useful stuff you could show me? Willing to drive. :D

I noticed that in one of the pics, specifically the center of the dash, you have all the knobs on the heater panel set exactly in the middle, except for the middle sliders which are to the left. I do the same thing when not in use; do we have some kind of undocumented disease? lol

davey101 guest

lol, well since my AC is shot, and the metal ring on one side of my blower motor snapped, causing the blades to bend and make an awful noise when moving...i never use the HVAC. it looks best when its over like that anyways.....what disease? :rolleyes:

Elkoholic

Welcome to the OCD-I-need-climate-control-balance Club...proud member for the last 13 months...

:p

AlexW guest

Very nice iX, Dave! glad to see that you've kept another one from becoming a trash heap.

I'm currently in the process of taking mine back from the trash heap...but waiting on $$$ first:rolleyes:

Alex

MGarrison

Nice Car :)

The shift knob insert you have (standard pattern w/ motorsport stripe) has been discontinued, so when your shift knob's plastic securing tabs/clips give up the ghost and you get a replacement, if you want the same insert, you'll have to extract the one you have (carefully, it's easy to scratch the bottom side as you pry it out). I think I used some ultra-sticky double-sided carpet tape to re-affix the insert.

dixie_kuma@yahoo.com guest

Nice job 101

Howdy Davey,
    I have the same make. They only came in the card colors mine is white too. But mine has some rust on it I need to work on. Got any tips? thanks Claire Anderson

MFarisE39 guest

Sweet

Very pretty, Dave. Welcome.

davey101 guest

thanks guys

new pics, reppin the AWD ;)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

desertVert guest

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

BTW, the photos in your last post are coming up as missing images. Just FWIW. :cool:

89iX guest

Love those iX's

Hi,
    I have one of those 1989 325iX's, silver w/black inside, 194000 miles. I am the second owner and I ove this car!!! A tiger on ice and snow! Yes, she is still running and the airconditioning works great!...I don't remember ever needing to use the spare tire! As always, she needs some attention...fuel pump is whining after a replacement of all her fuel hoses...I have replaced her rear differential, even the motor for the antenna! I have the remote start, so cold weather is no problem. I love the ski boot and have used it often!
    WooHoo, here's to the mighty iX. One of these days people will stop saying, "I didn't know they made an all wheel drive back then!"

;}Kat

89iX guest

More pretty pics

Wanted to show a couple more pictures. She is my baby, after all.
    Smiles,
    Kat ;}