Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What have you done for your BMW today?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by charlson89, Nov 9, 2015.

charlson89

It's kinda been quiet in the forums lately so I'd kinda like to hear about what people have been doing to there BMW's over the summer and this fall before the winter starts to effect some of us. Post some of the stuff and picture's if you have them.

KCuv

Good idea! I filled my tires yesterday since its getting colder lol thats about it.
    A few weeks ago replaced a cracked plastic(stupid) coolant hose mount that goes to the block, oil/filter, then I put a charge pipe and two big cone filters on.

Work has me pretty tied up as we only started it a year ago - but within the next week or so the plans are:
    Snow tires - alignment
    finally installing proceed v5 to try get closer to 400w/400w
    spark plugs for good measure

Theres not a whole lot I really feel I need to do to this car as its quick/comfortable/reliable. Maybe something silly like a shift knob? Cant decide between the bmw performance & ZHP however - had zhp on my last e46 so I know thats great..
    I don't want to mod this much further as its a daily, but the mod-bug is hitting me hard hence the thread I started regarding the E36 track build which I think I may undertake in the spring to take care of my urge to wrench again.

MGarrison

"Today", relatively speaking - changed the oil & filter, & rotated tires before O'Fest; 650 mi. each way there & back, and now 720 mi. each way to & now back from Minnesota. The 335is eats up miles pretty easy, about 27mpg cruising at gps-noted 75mph (79 indicated), 400+ mile 1-tank range on non-rft all-seasons @ 44-45psi. About all I did today for this particular BMW was... drive it. :D

ramitchell

Clay barred and waxed my E46 convertible and replaced a fried rear light bulb module on the E39.

Ken.S.330

Oil and filter change. Replaced cabin filter. Went to a club meeting at Sidedraught City in Portland and bought some Griots goodies, glass sealant, paint clay bar, detailing mitt, terry weave drying towel.

ramitchell

Re-programmed the E46 to enable the daytime running lights, unlock both doors with one key button press, and enable reverse warning 'gong' (don't know yet what it sounds like so I may go back and disable it :) )

e39lover

Currently working on my project e36. Converting over from gray to black interior. Just grabbed a great condition black dashboard over the weekend. Overhauling the suspension back to factory spec as well for the original OE ride. This summer fresh coat of paint and Mtech mirrors and bumpers
    ramitchell likes this.

ramitchell

Did an exchange to fix the radio and mid pixels - now running at 100% pixels!

eric.starmer 2011 535i M Sport

Updated my Nav Maps to 2016.1 and updated my Idrive software. Getting ready to update my iphone connector cable. Really a little bummed that they discontinued support for pre 2014 BMW connected services. I've already put a couple e-mails in to see if they are going to offer some sort of retrofit module to update and work past this.

ramitchell

Valve cover gasket on the E46. Although it has only 55k miles, the gasket, especially around the spark plugs, was like hard plastic and breaking off in small pieces. Luckily, I had seen a forum post where it was recommended to use a hair dryer or heat gun. So I got out my heat gun and the old gasket turned soft making removal easy.

ramitchell

Umnitza angel eyes on the E46. Adds a nice touch to the appearance!
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

Gdfather1

Bought new air fresheners, tinted the front windshield, bought a BMW logo license plate for the front!

ramitchell

Replaced serpentine belts on the E39. Found out that you don't have to remove the fan shroud and fan. Just remove the bottom engine pan and do it from underneath.
    subwayaz likes this.

subwayaz

I took my 135is off to Bimmer Performance Center for a once over since I just got it, along with an Oil Change & fresh Plugs. Fell fortunate to have found such a capable shop to take it off to until I learn how to on my own. There also Bmwcca members here locally. Everything checked out fine and glad that the car is in good condition
    ramitchell likes this.

dmmai

Congrats on the new ride !
    Great choice.

ramitchell

Replaced the cracked shifter with a carbon fiber one and installed new boot with contrasting 'M' stitching.
    [IMG]
    MGarrison likes this.