Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Old guy, old member back to enjoy the road again.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jackpollard, Feb 27, 2016.

jackpollard

Hello All!

I bought my 05 325xi 6 years ago and joined BMWCCA, got my BMW065 plates. I put 140K on it for a total of 167K and she is still doing great. I've had some minor issues, nothing major, but it was time for a new car and I went through every single make of car and nothing compared to the feeling of driving a BMW. An M is just too impractical for me, so I dreamt of a 335i. I dreamt of going to Germany and picking one up, but life got in the way. So I finally found my car a few weeks ago; 12 335i x-drive, 6 speed manual (nothing feels like shifting threw the gears on a curvy road, kids have no idea what they are missing), M package, la-mons blue metallic, dark dakota leather and only 22K miles. I did my research and it seemed it was a military guys car and he just didn't get the chance to drive it.
    I picked it up last week in Va., I'm in Md. and just can't stop smiling! I have to get it inspected and hoping the tint is not too dark (its 35% in Md. and this is super close) and I'm looking for the dang wheel lock key ( I posted a pic in the wheels forums) but thats about the only issues.
    I look forward to reading, learning, hopefully helping others. I do my own oil change, brakes, every thing I can.

dmmai

Welcome to the forums.

Your 335 choice should be a great one for you, especially with the manual. You're right, for most it's the next best thing to an M3. Enormous fun and capability for the money.
    Current N55 cars seem to be pretty well sorted. The early cars went through quite a few disappointments but they seem to have those issues ironed out now. We had an early 335xi that was great fun for a while. When things were working it was a seriously fun car. We drove it over more mountain back roads than we could count and it saw several of the country's best tracks including Road America.

Enjoy the ride!

jackpollard

Thanks for sharing and what a collection you've gone through during the years! Very nice!!

MGarrison

Congrats on the new ride, welcome to the forums & back to the club!

charlson89

Congrats, welcome to the club and forums!

eric.starmer 2011 535i M Sport

Sounds like a great choice there enjoy.