Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

I will be the first

Discussion in 'E23 (1978-1987)' started by Autohaus, Jun 20, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I am aware of the euro 745i turbo. Is it faster than the Alpina E23 version (if they made one)?

wkohler

AFAIK, there was no Alpina E23.

There were two different types of 745i, though

The turbo one and the South African version with the M88/3 (from the M5/M635CSi).

eam3

Alpina E23s

Late to the party but as a previous E23 owner (1984 733i) which I dearly miss I still love reading about them. The Alpina E23s were out there but today they are extremely rare.

As for the SA 745i, I believe the reason they used the M88 was because of routing issues with the air conditioning and the right hand drive steering mechanism with the turbocharged engine.

Autohaus guest

My mechanic currenty has a 1984 745i Turbo that has been sitting at his lot for about 2 years with Style 5's. The owner still owes my mechanic about $2K so he won't get it back until he pays up. The color is a brownish/maroon color with a completely redone interior that is sharp. Overall, the car is about a 8.5 outta 10 exterior and the interior is a 9. Would be a 10 but it has some bootleg radio system setup :(
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Bootleg radiao system? Did you know that the 745 had rear radio and AC controls?

Autohaus guest

It has a stupid aftermarket system. Come to think of it, I don't think it has a radio in it :eek: but :cool:just wires coming out of the dash.

tcm326 guest

is this 745 still sitting at the mechanic? maybe I can make a deal with the mechanic and the owner to settle accounts? can you provide me the contact info of the mechanic and/or the owner?

ps. I have an 85 745 turbo to sell if anyone is interested........needs some attention, but is very fast!

charley #27638
    617 460 1324 tcm326@gmail.com

Autohaus guest

The 745i is sitting at his other lot. Maybe the owner has forgotten about it :confused: and/or he just doesn't have the money to pay off the repairs. Here is the info you need:

Kamal is the owner of Dr. K Imported Car Service and he can be reached at 845-838-0717. He is located in Beacon, NY.

az3579

I have seen this 745 and while I admit I don't care for the styling of the interior or exterior, it is a very sharp looking car...