Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Watch out 335 modders

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by E92Dreier, Jun 18, 2008.

Clinesdale guest

Dinan discount

I just had the S2 Dinan software loaded on my 335i this week, and my dealership said there is a sale price of 20% off. Sweet! How often do you go into a place with your mind made up only to find the price has dropped significantly?

I must say, however, that I thought the increase in horsepower would allow me to easily get sideways. I am sad to report that my car continues to be idiot proof and is keeping me in line (even with the dealer installed power kit, performance exhaust, and Dinan software). Over a million miles of safe (read boring) driving under my belt and still going...

bcweir

No such thing

The technology may try to keep you out of trouble, but you're still in the driver's seat, literally. Thousands of junkyard BMW's (older and current models, and other makes) attest that BMW is getting better at designing advanced automobiles, but they still haven't found a way to improve "the nut behind the wheel."

Everytime a company tries to make a product idiot-proof, God comes out with a "smarter" idiot. Just look at all those unfortunate idiots who die needlessly in car crashes, with working seatbelts unbuckled and standing by at their factory mounting points.

I rest my case.

Zeichen311

You have more than enough power--even in stock trim--to get sideways, backwards and all the way around. The owner's manual even tells you how.

Just make sure you've provided for the future of the little guy in your avatar. The record books are littered with examples of people who thought they had at least as much skill as the computers.

eam3

You can add all the power you want but the first mod should always be to fix the nut behind the wheel. My brother-in-law thought he was all that and a bag of chips when he had his 996 out at the track for an HPDE. He told me how fast he was and how impressed he was with the car. I spoke to an instructor who was there that weekend and he told me how he had been held up behind him a few times. He was in a stock E36 325i. Now, there's no question that a 996 is much faster than a stock 325i but it all comes down to driving skills. Spend the money on learning how to be a better driver and you'll see that he 335i has more than enough power in stock form.

robc1976

The stock turbos on a N54 are efficency range ends at about 19psi....stat going past that and will start killing seals ect, not to mention the compressor wheel sinsce the center section is quite weak. I wewnt thru a set of turbos in about 1 year (I knew they would go)....If you want higher boost go with RB's. I will say there is no way this car hit 27 psi since the stock map sensor only allows 19-20 pswi...want more than that get the N20 3.5 map sensor.

Replacing turbos is around $2,500 dealer or $1,500 at a shop. A Brand new N54 is around 12,000 new at a dealer, I can find long blocks with less than 10,000 miles for $5,000 all day long.

Attached Files: