Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help With Selection of Coilover Shock/Spring Set

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by h2obruce, Dec 5, 2015.

h2obruce

Hello,
    I'm hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction for a quality set of coilover springs & shocks for my 1983 633CSI. To attain the height I was looking for, I had Dinan install a set of sport coils on the car a few years ago, and while handling has improved, the ride is just a bit too stiff for my taste.

I'm hoping that a set of coilovers with dual-adjustable capability might allow me to maintain the height that I currently have, combined with a bit softer ride.

If anyone could provide me with infomation on the best brand(s) for my car, along with where I might be able to purchase them, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Bruce McCombs

Attached Files:

charlson89

If your looking for a softer ride then I wouldn't go with coilovers they will make the ride even worse. Ground control makes a kit if you still wanna look into them. Ireland engineering also makes one. Have you replaced your shocks when you did the springs?

MGarrison

What shocks and springs are you using now? If, say, you're using Bilstein sport shocks, switching to Bilstein HD's would have better ride quality over the sports.

h2obruce

Hello, and thanks very much for your reply. I’m not sure if the shocks were replaced when Dinan installed the new springs, but I’ll look into this tomorrow. Thanks again for your help. Bruce

h2obruce