Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 Sport Pkg includes what???

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by 190796, Jun 17, 2008.

Autohaus guest

Just copy my set-up. As long as you have the Texas plate visible, your local law enforcement(s) won't haggle ya. I used zip lock ties to "mount" the front NY plate to the spoiler, though I wanted to be careful not to cover too much for the brake cooling duct. However, there is this restaurant on my block and I believe one of the waitstaff has a 2dr Volve (maybe like 2000-2003) and she has a euro plate up front and has the front NY plate on her dashboard. Yet she doesn't get harrassed for that. If that were me, the police would be all over me like a cop in a donut factory :mad:.

H8Rain guest

Knock on wood, but so far (7 years) and no problems. Maybe they feel bad enough for me when I get pulled over for speeding that they just let the front plate go :p

Autohaus guest

You are lucky! You speed? Not good! ;).

BMW5E39 guest

You done a great job with the face lift. Did you do this yourself or had help in replacing the rear exhaust and bumper?

Autohaus guest

Also, did your 540i come with the headlight washers? I see on your pics that your M5 front bumper doesn't have them. Did you just bypass them/defeat the system?

az3579

What, like you don't? :rolleyes:

I have never seen a 5er with headlight washers (E39), at least not in this country...

H8Rain guest

I have done everything on my car myself, with the exception of the custom dual exhaust. This was quite involved, as I had to cut/modify the trunk and relocate the battery to make room for the passenger side muffler. I also removed the center resonator and had a custom "X" pipe install. It was worth every penny. The exhaust is an Eisenmann Race hand made in Germany. The sound is fantastic.

As for headlamp washers, no I did not have them before.

Autohaus guest

Look at the bumper. You see those black spots by the headlights? Those are the washers/sprayers. Maybe I should have used the word spayers......As for speeding, I tend to drive around the speed limit for better gas mileage. Well, not really :). I get about 28 mph doing 80 in 5th gear. Must be because of the tune-up done about 8K miles ago....

az3579

Wow, I cannot believe I missed that. I've never seen anyone use them, which is probably why I forgot they existed...

Around here, there aren't many E39's that have the headlight washers.

Yeah, because all the roads where you live couldn't get any flatter. Try that crap here and you'd be rewarded with the needle stuck at 15mpg. :p

Autohaus guest

I hardly use them anyway :cool:.