Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E46 Cup holder removal

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by babg325ia, Jun 16, 2008.

babg325ia guest

Want to replace the worn cup holders with some new OEM ones and I'm not sure how they are removed. Pretty sure it's simple, but didn't want to break anything trying to. Any help is appreciated.

bradley01 guest

if you look on the outter edges of the cupholders, up front by the shifter, there are ridges in the plastic. Squeeze them together slightly and pull up from the front. It should pop right out with a little bit of pressure. Also a good time to do a thorough cleaning down there! If you can't get it, let me know and I will take some DIY pics for you.

babg325ia guest

Thanks, will try that. I have tried squeezing them and lifting before, but maybe didn't apply enough pressure. Hate to see that coated plastic peeling, definitely want a new one.

SimboyM3 guest

E46 M3 Cup Holder replacement

I recently bought a 2003 (E46) M3 and some of the center console trim had been cleaned with some solvent and the paint had begun to peel, especially on the cupholders. I replaced the cupholders with the eurotray, which I think is much neater looking and less expensive to replace. This also takes away the temptation of drinking coffee in the car and the possibilities of getting liquids running down into the seams of the trim and leaving a sticky mess. But thats just my preference as I like to keep the car interior as clean and tidy as possible.

I use Real OEM to get the correct BMW part numbers, there drawing breakdowns are the best, you can also get an idea of the price of the items. You can then shop around with the part number to see where you can get the cheapest price. It's swings and roundabouts as to which dealer will give you the best price, some parts are cheaper at one than at another, but it could be the other way around for a different part.

This is my first reply to a post on this site so please forgive me if it is long winded.

M3Driver guest

CRKrieger

Doesn't anybody know how to use a ball peen hammer any more? :D

M3Driver guest

AKA "fine alignment tool":D

chicane

Squeeze and pull.

bmwccabob guest