Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 Coupefest in the Hudson Valley (NY)

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by TeamStowell, Jun 8, 2008.

TeamStowell We love driving!

People are working on getting a gathering of older coupes together in early October at a site near Poughkeepsie NY. This is a great time to drive through the Catskill mountains and take in the change of season. With Bavarian Autosport's Show and
    Shine taking place on October 6th, is there any interest in having the gathering on the 4th and 5th of October or would people prefer to have it on the following Friday and Saturday?

Having it earlier in September puts it in conflict with Oktoberfest, so that would not be an option.

What are your thoughts?

az3579

Sounds good.

Define older coupes; only sixes or any older coupe?

It sounds good to me. Oktoberfest isn't a financial option for me so I need to get my driving fix somehow. This sounds like a good opportunity. Poughkeepsie isn't even that far (only 70 miles from me).

Is this gathering the 4th and 5th or is it the 4th or 5th? Those dates sound good to me if the event will be a one-day deal

The group putting this on is the same folks who present the SE Sharkfest. They want to include all the older coupes for this event. They are looking to put on activities for both Friday and Saturday, but I'm sure people will jump in and out as their schedules allow.

az3579

How old should the coupes be though? What's the cutoff?

I imagine they are looking for the 8 series, first generation 6 series, and the older coupes like the 3.0 and Bavarias and such, although anyone with an interest in the coupes would surely be welcome.

MikeB7 guest

It's basically the work of a 6er/E24 group, but I would venture to say that E9 coupes would be particularly welcome, and I'm pretty sure I've seen some 8's in other fest photos.

KaivonP guest

Interest in the Coupefest--and help inspecting a 635

Hi,
    I'm replying to this thread because you guys are in the Hudson Valley area and there's a 635 there that I'm interested in. Only problem is, I'm in Providence RI. Would any of you be interested in inspecting the car with me? I'm just getting into the 6 and don't know enough to properly evaluate it. Of course I'd pay you for your time and expertise.

If it works out, hopefully I can join you guys for the coupefest.

The car is in Brewster NY, south of Poughkeepsie and west of Danbury CT.

Thanks in advance,
    Kai

I have just the person in mind.... let me see if he is available in the near future to look at it. He assisted me with my purchase of the 1983 Euro.

Do you have a link to the vehicle?

Thanks

Autohaus guest

I think I have seen the advertisment on this 635. I am 25 minutes west of Brewster.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

They mean E9 coupes, E24 coupes and E31 coupes. Also, I would imagine the 3200CS and others. E30s do not count because they are actually 2 door sedans.