Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Where are the Tech Talk archives?

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by mrl325i, Mar 6, 2008.

mrl325i

Gone, or just not linked yet?

330indy1

it would be great if the archives from the old site could

be dropped in.... :confused:

Bill Howard

Here's what we're planning for technical discussions on the new site:

• Bring aboard BMW CCA tech gurus to provide best-in-class answers to tech questions. (Interested? Send me a private message.)
    • Create electronic archives of Roundel going back to the January 2007. This is every page, every story, as an e-magazine. It's accessible to BMW CCA members. (Another reason to join or renew.) You can search within an issue or across every issue in the archive. We have issues up from November 2007 and should have the whole year up soon. This includes all technical discussions such as Mike Miller's excellent print Tech Talk. By the way, if Mike mentions a vendor or resource (or anyone else in Roundel does), the URL (address) is automatically made into a clickable link.
    • Manually move over some of the more interesting threads from the old site. Because there are different usernames on the old site, the value is somewhat lessened since you won't be able to contact other posters.

330indy1

What I would freak over is Mike Miller's tech talk archived

also from the magazine....
    :rolleyes:
    probably would be a PITA for you guys though.

Bill Howard

Some of us live for pain. In reasonable amounts. The e-Roundel is a perfect replica of the print magazine. Online, it's members-only availability. But everyone can see one free sample issue which includes, of course, Tech Talk. Click on this link:

http://www.roundel-digital.com/roundel/sample

Within the month (I hope) we'll have archives back to January 2007. Currently we have November 2007 through January 2008 online. Once we get the conversion engine rolling and perfect the handoff from Roundel's design/production team, each issue should be up around the beginning of the month.

King Arnold guest

I have a problem when I hit the link to read any of the November 07-January 08 issues... I have a membership and when I click the link, it seems like it is downloading, but it is not coming up. I joined yesterday for the membership. Any suggestions to figure out what is wrong would be appreciated.