Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Seeking 2009 M3 Details

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by jdherman, May 31, 2008.

wanesso

....and to az3579---what kind of a track were you on and did you ever brake or just down shift?
    Does anyone have any recommendations for the M3's feet?

az3579

Well the track I went to wasn't a particularly fast track (not for my car at least lol) so the only major part where I braked was the straight. The rest of the corners were a minor grab at the brakes and mostly turning. God this thing turns; all you do is chuck it in and it follows 'round the bend without drama. I was taking corners with my tires lightly squealing most of the time. Most of the track was done in 3rd gear; only two corners did I ever have to shift and that was the turn before the straight and at the end of the straight, and I only got into 4th.

I KNOW you will be braking a LOT with that much power if you do decide to treat the car to a day of fun... :D

wanesso

track

3rd gear--let the car do the work--tire squeal--sounds EXCELLENT! Would be nice to have enough stretch to get to 4th yes--sounds like you had fun. There are some youtube videos (as well as BMW propaganda dvds they've sent) that have some fun footage of the M3 doing it's thing--maybe I'll add my own to youtube;)

az3579

Please do! :D

By the way, 3rd gear was only because my car was too slow to get to 4th in the shorter straights and too slow to get to 5th from 4th in the main straight. lol
    I'm sure your M3 would eat those gears alive. :cool:

I hope you have lots of fun with your M3. What I would give to have an M3 to drive every day. I'd gladly drive one as a daily driver and take care of it so it lasts well north of 200,000 miles. Of course there are some who buy the car for what it is (a BMW), but then there is the few that have passion for the entire ownership experience and owning the car for them is a labor of love, despite all the hard times (maintenance!). I do wish that you decide to keep your car for as long as it will run and once again wish you all the fun you could possibly have in it.

B.P.

wanesso

you get it!

Thank you for your good wishes---I feel exactly what you describe about this car---and will treat it well---some car owners understand (hence this forum) and some do not....good luck to you too.