Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Why?

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by morea3ic, May 31, 2008.

morea3ic guest

Why does the club have this "Feedback" section?

If anyone from club management is reading it . . . . why don't they respond . . . .

Best.

chicane

+2. I totally agree.

Teddy guest

I haven't been getting a ton of responses to my DIY inputs...which surprises me because there are 1000's of members and site members.
    Also, when you join a club it is usually because you have a "problem" with your machine and want to get advice before blindly paying outrageous repair costs. I know the symptoms on my Z3 (ocassionally stalling on starts, while driving, and when stopping) are not uncommon to BMW. I find it odd when someone simply says, "Did you take it in to have it checked out?" In my area, a diagnosis costs $80, minimum.
    I thought the idea behind the forum was to share similar experiences so we could at least rule-out a couple of possibilities before taking our car to a mechanic. But on the other hand, perhaps there are no good repairmen on this forum and everyone is in the same boat - clueless most of the time...
    I have gotten decent feedback on fuels, filters, and some sites to purchase parts. Very little feedback on mehcanical/electrical problems. Personally, I would welcome it if someone commiserated, and/or, dropped a line on what they're paying for repairs.
    I still ENJOY the forum. At least I can vent. If BMW of North America were to read it, (which most likely occurs), I'm sure it provides a revealing story.

az3579

Well Teddy, I don't know how most people think of it, but if I don't know the answer to a question, I don't respond. It's a lot more helpful not cluttering your thread and getting you excited that there's a new post if that new post doesn't contain any useful information.

So as a result, I think most people don't post because they don't know.
    Also, "common" problems that you're having is probably a result of the car sitting for so long, and most BMW owners don't just let their cars sit, they drive them, which is why not many would be able to tell you what to look for when the car has been sitting for so long. I'm sorry you haven't received the answers that you seek, but if we don't know, we can't help you. Sometimes the answer is just to take it for diagnosis and have someone who know what they're doing look at it. There are some things that's worth doing it for, like when I had to bite the bullet and take it in when it kept stalling and not restarting in the middle of traffic.

Autohaus guest

What was fixed for that? Has the problem been solved?

az3579

I have a leak into the car and the wires leading to the fuel pump eventually corroded, leading to stalling or not even starting at all. It has kind of been solved; the car starts now and drives fine except for the occasional heavy hesitation I get at 1300 and 2100 rpm.

Teddy guest

In my case, I do not have any water leaks; I do not drive in the rain and I seldom wash the car (polished, dusted, etc).
    My problem still occurs yet CEL is not on anymore. I plan to run a full tank or two with Tehron and dry gas. I did a search on bimmerforums and found many people complained of fuel issues. I will try to rule this out for the time being.
    Also, I listen for unusual sounds under the hood (hissing, clicks, etc.).. I need a person looking at engine as I turn it off to isolate an area. I could have an intermittent vacuum or intake leak. Smoke tests are recommended for this.
    I will keep you informed.
    Too bad I stored the car as I did. It makes the prob less tracable .