Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to BMW CCA...here's my E36

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by madfronter, May 30, 2008.

madfronter guest

I just joined the BMW CCA today and thought it would be nice to share my car with all of you. Please let me know what you think. If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

Autohaus guest

Welcome aboard! Nice E36. The blackout grill makes it look stealth. You will find many members helping each other out with questions about maintenance, upgrades, etc... Let me guess, the Jag belongs to your better half......

madfronter guest

Thanks! Yes the ford I mean jag is my better halfs. I like it and hate it at the same time. At least it looks nice. It looks huge next to my compact. I am very pleased with the look of the black out grills. I also just installed the mtech front bumper, mirrors, headlights, blackout grill and an armrest in the center console. I look forward to reading and helping out in any way i can on here.

az3579

That is absolutely STUNNING! I never liked the look of the compact but the pics of yours completely changed my perspective!

The first few pics I clicked on of the front, I seriously thought it was an M3 but then I saw the side and my jaw dropped...

You did a great job with that car. If BMW made a M318ti, that's what it would look like.

Welcome to our pit of knowledge, humor, fun, and lunacy. :D

What's that hiding in the bushes? Hmm...

madfronter guest

Thanks for the nice comments. That feels good to know others appreciate what I've done to my car. My goal was to make people confused...thinking its an M3 then they realize its not when they see the rear end. Most people prob wonder what type of BMW it is. BMW actually released a version of the ti over the years it was available that had a front and rear Mtech bumpers but without the front lip like the M3s come with. I've had my car since 2000 and it had 48k on the clock and I now have 270k and its running like a champ. My plan is to see if it will make it to 300k and eventually drop an S52 in there. Thats been my plan for years. I just want to see how long the m44 engine will last and it doesn't seem like its gonna die on me anytime soon.

M3Driver guest

Nice Ride

Very nice car. Welcome to the Club. The Competition Style wheels really set the car off.

madfronter guest

Thanks! I love the CSL staggered 18" set up. i think they make the car. I even liked the way the car looked before the bumper and mirrors. see...

madfronter guest

one last batch of images for today...

This is my new armrest and zhp knob as well as a random shot of my JLs.

az3579

I'm... speechless, to be honest.

I love the coordination; shift boot and handbrake boot match so perfectly with the center control diagram for the heater/cooling and that shift knob really speaks to me.

For what it's worth, I think you should check to see how long the M44 will last you. You might get bored in the process though. ;)
    It really doesn't look like anything that has a stock motor. If I saw that in my mirror I'd think "hmm... is that thing supercharged?" as I've seen a lot of compacts supercharged. It seems to be a popular mod on that car... tell me, ain't it awesome to have a rear-wheel drive hatch? :D

If I hired you could you do something similar for me? lol

Autohaus guest

The 318ti was the 2nd BMW dubbed "The next 2002". Dropping an S52 would make it go zero to 60 in 2.5 seconds........Ok maybe add another tick or two, but its so light it will feel like it :)

az3579

Alright slow down there buddy... that's F1 territory. lol

madfronter guest

Oh thanks! I can't even remember where I ordered the shift and ebrake boots from. They are suede and I love them. The BMW zhp shift knob is a bit shorter and heavier than the stock one so it feel a lot nicer and faster.

I've thought about supercharging the ti but downing SC stopped making them. I'd be lucky to find a used one, but would rather do the s52 at this point. I have always loved hatchbacks. My first car was an 87 16v scirocco. I loved that car. I really enjoy the rear wheel drive, it handles so much better that fwd.

You can hire me to do what I did to my car for one of your cars. Just let me know. ;)

gillham

heh I think I've seen this ti before on the org :D

Makes me want my ambers back. I love those wheels as well, hope you don't mind if I copy you.

EuroWerkz1

Great to see another new member and one hooked on the near cult class 318Ti Great choice and yours looks stunning, awesome, very well done.

az3579

I wasn't serious. lol
    I wouldn't be able to afford to 'hire' anyone!

Besides, you're probably in the middle or west of the country, just like everything else that's good. Nothing good is in CT, other than Lime Rock Park. :p

madfronter guest

I knew you were joking...just playing along with ya. ;)

I actually live in PA near Philly.

I have family in CT.

az3579

Surprise of the day! Don't come to CT or I'll steal your car. lol :D

madfronter guest

Ambers are ftw! Yeah I'm on the org as well. I posted the new shots of my car on there as well. Good seeing you over here.

madfronter guest

Thanks EuroWerkz1!

phanley

Great job on the ti. It's rare to see such a well thought out example of a modified e36. The interior really brings it home too.
    Cheers.