Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Parts Needed...

Discussion in 'E24 (1977-1989)' started by mrsbee, Oct 15, 2014.

mrsbee guest

I'm going to need a few parts for the Shark - does anybody know of a great source for a used but good condition rear axle assembly and perhaps a front chin?

MGarrison

I think there's a couple of salvage places that advertise regularly in the Roundel - looks like a new rear axle carrier might be had for $600+, presumably a used clean one might be sourced for much less. If you're talking about the front airdam/spoiler, that might be something exceedingly difficult to come up with, depending on what it is. If you're talking about some of the body pieces making up the nose of the car, presumably those would be findable.

mrsbee guest

So, thanks to a local club member and all around awesome guy, I've been put on the track of acquiring an M6 to skeletonize and put Mr. Shark back together with. After some hesitation I went over to look at it (most of the hesitation was that I was afraid that I was going to fall in love with IT and want to give up on Mr. Shark).

Didn't happen, the car has been sitting since 2009 and has taken on a whole family of rodents. That's fine, but it actually made the decision easier on me. There are a plethora of salvagable parts on it, but I've got dibs on the rear axle and front air do dad. Who needs what? I can try to hook up anybody that might be in good honest need of some parts.

I put the pictures up on my website - check them out - I'm hopefully going to take hold of it sometime next week and have it towed down to where Mr. Shark is sitting waiting for his transplants. I was thinking of having a picking party to harvest the crops of my fruit - or the fruits of my crop - or the...eh...I don't remember the saying right now. You get the point.

http://nikkiweed.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/e24-parts-anybody/

jlbsam

Hi-I'm Jim in San Diego, I may need some parts for my 81 633csi. what yr/model is your donor car?

schultcd

Hello, looking for parts for my '81 633, especially a windshield. I'm in northwest Indiana. Tried looking at Nikki's web page of parts but it was password protected.

MGarrison

Ebay might be worth a shot, maybe also searchtempest.com (try searching BMW E24 windshield or front glass and/or maybe substitute 6 series - 635 - 633 (one at a time) for E24).

You might try here:

http://www.2002ad.com/pages/contact.cfm

I think there's a couple of salvage/dismantlers that also advertise in the Roundel; if 2002ad doesn't have something, maybe they might have other suggestions of places to try.

Look up your part number on realoem.com, E24's had a long run, there may have been changes such that all year's window glass isn't interchangeable.