Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hi

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ss454ls61970, Aug 20, 2014.

Ss454ls61970

I just bought a 13 x6///M. I love it!!! I just got launch control out and it is the fastest thing I have ever driven! I am just scratching the surface! If you have any tips or tricks please let me know!
    Thanks,
    Mike image.jpg

charlson89

Welcome and that is one fun ride!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums! My starting tip would be to turn on the heat until it blows hot after you've been running a/c & you're parking it for awhile, or overnight - so condensation won't form in the vents and give mildew a chance to form. I've noticed w/ my E92, doing that, I don't get a blast of mildew-smelling air in the face. I think these new cars hermetically seal their vents when the car shuts down, sealing in any moisture & condensation at the same time. Older BMW's, even though you could close outside vents, I think were leaky enough this wasn't much of a problem.

Nice car, enjoy that thing!
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

Ss454ls61970

Ken.S.330

I had never heard that suggestion before! I have to try it.

mrsbee guest

Ooo, I have a great tip...go to your local dealership and make sure you visit with your "Genius". There are many times they can show you features you didn't even know existed!

Otherwise, just enjoy the ride and keep your passengers feet off the dashboard, please.