Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

OBD II Newby Needs Help

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by EMGris530i, Apr 14, 2014.

EMGris530i

I have a 2007 E60 530i. The SES light came on a couple of weeks ago. After a little research, bought a BMWhat OBD II WiFi dongle and software. I get lots of data, but need help interpreting. I have read a number of faults that seem to go away when reset, but the 2C77 and 2C7B seem persistent. They have not triggered from my home to a town 150 mi away, or to the airport 20 min away (both highway driving ). If I restart and drive around town, the SES light comes on, and these codes reappear. 1. Is there a fix short of new O2 sensors and 2. Does any one know a great service provider other than Valencia BMW in Santa Clarita, CA? I have been happy with the dealer, but would like to save some dinero.

Thanks

charlson89

I don't belive BMW has any particular bulletins about this. Kinda weird your getting faults for both banks post cat O2 sensors. I would make sure you are not running rich or lean before replacing both these sensors. Sorry don't know that area at all to help with a good shop I would ask some one in your chapter they would probably know.

MGarrison

EMGris530i

Thanks for the reply.

EMGris530i