Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2007 328i Newer Member & Repair Guidance

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by marsh.84, Feb 5, 2014.

marsh.84

Good afternoon fellow bimmers:
    I am fairly new owner to a 2007 328i with about 78k miles on the vehicle. I am located in South Hadley, MA. This past Sunday it looks like something came up off the road and hit the passanger side engine mount bolt and it broke or tore away completely. Besides that I guess when the engine moved or shifted the trensioner bar and belt were damaged as well. After paying the repair bill of $ 961 they also informed me that my valve cover gasket and rear differential gasket are leaking and I should consider repairing those as well to a tune of ~ $1500. Is this common for a car with less than 80k and serviced as regular BMW Shop recommendations. Is there a number at BMW USA that I could contact plead my case and maybe get some relief or am I delusional? :) Thanks for any help or advice. I can be reached at sgmarsh84@yahoo.com. Have a great snowy day for those of us in New England.
    • Staff

steven s

I'll have to say valve cover leaks are not uncommon even at 80K miles.
    BMW Customer service is 800-831-1117. It is a 6-7 year old car.
    $1500 worth? No idea.

charlson89

On your vehicle the valve cover and diff are actually quite common repairs. BMW might offer a split on the repair but thats completely up to them.

marsh.84

Steven:

Thanks for your input.

Have a good one.

Steven

marsh.84

Thanks for your input. Have a good one