Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW CCA discount for driving school stacked with BMW Visa discount

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by obyone89, Nov 14, 2013.

obyone89

Okay, wanted to post here because nobody at BMW Financial services or the BMW Visa support center could answer my question. I did a performance driving school at the BMW Spartanburg plan about two years ago, it was awesome and I plan to do another 1 day ///M School when the M4 comes out. I called up and registered and gave them my BMW CCA # for a 20% discount up front on that past school.

My question is regarding the BMW USA Visa card, NOT the CCA credit card. This BMW Visa card http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/FinancialServices/CreditCard.aspx

On the site above it says you get a 20% discount on driving schools. So...how is that discount applied? Does BMW just see the charge from their performance center on the car and give you 20% off whatever you paid to go, refunded to the card? What I'm getting at here is could I call to register for the perf school via phone, get 20% off with my CCA membership AND pay with the BMW Visa card and then when financial services sees the charge from the perf center, would they discount that charge by 20%?

Just curious if anyone here has tried that since I'm sure a lot of you have done driving schools at the Spartanburg plant and some of you may also have the BMW Visa card. Very odd that nobody at BMW or the card service center had any clue on how the Visa card discount was applied.

Thank you,

Jon
    • Staff

steven s

Have you asked the Performance Center?
    It's 15% off with a BMW CCA membership card.
    I'm sure you can't get two discounts.

obyone89

Haven't asked the Performance Center yet. I know it's normally 15% off for CCA members, I just happened to get 20% during a promo when I went. I'll have to call them and see if they know anything about it. The BMW Visa is through BMW Financial Services so wasn't sure if you just got a statement credit directly from them when they see the charge from the Perf Center. Much like some other cards I have, Amex for example. I get 3% off on cell phone services and I don't have to do anything...Amex just see a charge from AT&T on that credit card and the 3% comes off the charge each month automatically.

us_matrix

Hi,

Did you find out how does the BMW Visa card 20% discount work with the performance driving school?
    I am trying to figure out if it is possible to stack the CCA 15% discount with the BMW Visa card 20% when booking for performance driving school. I believe the CCA discount is taken off at the time of booking but not sure how does the BMW Visa card work.... credit at the statement or else?

Thanks.