Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What Should Be Next Year's Car Of Your Dreams Grand Prize?

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by chennecy, Sep 17, 2013.

chennecy

Tell us what you think next year's Car Of Your Dreams Raffle Grand Prize should be. Should the Club create another one-of-one BMW, customize an M4, raffle off a current Alpina car, or maybe something else? Would you be interested in a car with aftermarket performance upgrades, such as free-flow exhaust, cold-air intake, strut brace, coil-overs, carbon-fiber elements, etc.?

What? You want an i8?! Well then, say so!

This is your chance to help decide what next year's Grand Prize will be, so don't be shy! If it's a fully restored vintage BMW model that gets your heart racing, then tell us that, too.
    • Staff

steven s

[IMG]

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    CSBM5, SweetP and eblue540 like this.

Terry Sayther

Even I would be willing to win one of THOSE!
    steven s likes this.

carsly

Part of me says make the headline prize an i8 and the other prizes i3's. The other part says electric cars still have a long way to go.

Maybe a pick'em approach.
    • Grand prize - i8 OR M4
    • First prizes - i3 OR 320
    Let the masses decide what they're ready for.

Sauber guest

An M4 would be nice, and I'll vote for that, but what are the odds the club has an old 507 stored in a barn somewhere? That'd be my preference.

askrenj

Blood red 135i convertible with tan interior fully equipped and fully goosed up by Dinan or Schnitzer.

instantfob

Something that you wouldn't normally not buy but more than happy to win one.

6GC

ZoMan

B3

I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of the M2 as the Car of Your Dreams Grand Prize.

mcahn

A restored E30 M3.
    donna954 and Sauber like this.

wallstreet

Hi, I'll like to see BMW CCA hands out a couple of 1200 R.

[IMG]
    ChristopherG likes this.

How about a cash prize so we can decide and customize what we want?

donna954

i8, please!

sargetony M5 Pilot

BLUF: i8
    I think we should do the i8. If you don't want the i8 you can always take the cash equivalent and buy an M4, or whatever you want, and trick it out pretty nicely. $135,000 will go pretty far, you could get a loaded M6 or M5 or get a fully loaded M4 with all of the ///M Performance bits. Or, in my case, I may even get the wife the new X5e when it comes out (who doesn't love 74mpg?) and get the G-Power twin supercharger kit for my E60 M5 :) and then get this Z4M that I have had my eye on! :) For those curious, the 74mpg X5e justifies to my conscience the 10mpg M5...

richardsperry

Can we please get back to giving away cars that you can actually drive? How about we limit the number of tickets sold to just enough to cover the cost of the car maybe something like 128is's or maybe 135's. Maybe improve the odds of winning IIRC wasn't there a time when there were only 1200 or 1500 tickets sold per car? Even at 2000 per car that still a $50K car... Or is the object now just to make money for the club? 5000 tickets per car = $125,000 Seems like a lot more than the cost of even a new M3 or 4...
    • Staff

steven s

Cash is still awarded except for the one car that has been purposely built.

awegweiser

"OK - Maybe enough gee whiz Super Pricey cars and more entry level for the masses?
    • Staff

steven s

Personally I'd like to see more prizes at a lesser value also.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

i8 or an M6

electr0fryin

i8s or M6s are all too pricey, in my mind. The draw of buying tickets is the odds of winning, and if the odds go up too high, I will no longer buy tickets. So I'd agree with some of the previous sentiment of bringing down the cost of the cars and upping the odds of winning, although 1-5000 isnt terrible (comparatively)

That said, the grand prize should still be something somewhat special, so M2 or M4 for grand prize and maybe some 135s and 335s for the follow on prizes

EVs are pretty polarizing, so I'd say avoid them for now.