Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Wheels for E46 Saloon?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by bradley01, May 12, 2008.

?

New Wheels?

Style 37 - M-Parallels 3 vote(s) 30.0%
Velocity CSL Reps (Silver) 7 vote(s) 70.0%
Style 67 M3 Reps (non-staggered) 0 vote(s) 0.0%

bradley01 guest

I am contemplating getting some new wheels for my '02 330xi. I am torn between these three types. What are your opinions? I would love to see pics of these wheels on your cars if you can post them?

Thanks!

(Economic "Stimulous" Checks FTW!!!)

Autohaus guest

Don't spend that check, invest in it! Invest in BMW wheels that is :)

az3579

Which exact model is your E46? Is it the pre-facelift version or the facelifted one?

If it's pre-facelift, I recommend the M-Parallel wheels. They're a bit older, but I saw them on a pre-facelift and thought it was hot. The CSL wheels are really slick and cool looking, and the facelift models are just that, so they'd be an awesome match.

So.... no poll vote. :D

snikwad guest

bradley01 guest

OK...for your viewing pleasure, I present...my wheel choices!

18" CSL (from europeanautosource.com)
    [IMG]

18" CSL with a lip
    [IMG]

18" M-Parallel (machined)
    [IMG]

18" M3s
    [IMG]

So, ur thoughts? I have seen one E46 with the M-Parallels...and it was sick! I really like them because they are simple...not overwhelming. And they have a huge lip on them. I really like that for some reason. Thoughts? Oh, and does anyone know how to photoshop? I would really love to see these selections photoshopped onto my Facelifted '02 330xi. I am attaching a side profile shot of my car. Thanks!

bradley01 guest

It is the facelifted 330xi.

Booooooo :p

Autohaus guest

bradley01, I plan on putting E46 M3 wheels (all front one's) on my wife's 03 E46. However, the look of the CSL deep dish is intriguing. The M-parallel would take (a tough) 3rd place here. Gun to my head, be different and go with the CSL......

bradley01 guest

See, you're saying "be different" but everyone that I have seen on e46fanatics has the CSLs...not too many have the M-pars. Even fewer have bothered with the M3s...prolly because they are the most "expected". Well, I LIKE the CSLs...but I would also like to have the M-pars...tough choice!

az3579

I say M Parallels. They would be easier to clean. Also, to my knowledge, the CSL wheels aren't supposed to have a lip, which is what makes it mostly so appealing to me. Those just don't look very original with that lip. Some rims look good with a lip but not that one IMO. If it didn't have the lip, I'd say CSL would be a good choice, but I still think it's worth the fact that the M-Par's are easier to clean AND look good to boot.

I couldn't for the life of me find a pic of an E46 with the M-Parallel wheels, but I did find a Z3 on Google:

[IMG]

That looks sweeeeeeeeeet in my eyes. The E46 looks better than the Z3 as well, so I think those will look gorgeous on your 330.

bradley01 guest

+1 for easier to clean!!!

the LINK that I posted up there is to CSL wheels w/out a lip. The pic didn't come through for some reason. They look pretty cool!

az3579

Oh, and I voted finally. :p

bradley01 guest

snikwad guest

If it has a lip, its not CSL reps. CSL reps means its a replica of the OE M3 CSL rim, which cost like $$$$ a pop from the dealer. The M3 performance package is just like the original CSL rims, but not as wide.

That rim, shown is just another mesh style rim.

My neighbor has a facelift coupe with chrom M parallels. It looks ok, but chrome disgusts me, so its hard to look at more than 5 seconds. Looks ok. But I think parallels belong on big cars. If u have a sedan, I'd give em a shot. Get em in a shadowline type color, that would be pimp.

snikwad guest

Chrome is too ethnic. Wtf!
    Excuse me?
    Lemme gtfo and go calm down before I overreact.

bradley01 guest

My fault. I thought CSL Replicas meant they were close to looking like the original CSLs. Not exactly the same, nor from the same manufacturer...but a close variation. I misused the terminology. :(

I agree with you that the M-Pars belong on the bigger cars. They sure do look sweet on the E39s!

I was just wondering how they would look on my E46...in a machined (or silver) finish. NO CHROME!!! That's too.........ethnic.

bradley01 guest

HaHaHa :D

When I think chrome wheels, the only thing I imagine is 26" monster wheels on a 1988 Caprice Classic with a 12" lift. It may just be the neighborhood that I live in and how I see them all the time, but THAT just does nothing for me.

On a different note, my dad had chrome Kragars on his '74 Charger. Those looked classy. I guess when used in moderation and with a certain savoir faire, chrome can add a little something to any car.

Forgive me for being vulgar. :eek:

Autohaus guest

Have you made a choice yet?

bradley01 guest

I have not yet. I am leaning towards the Velocity CSLs in silver. They have nice thin spokes which I like. It's still a toss-up between the dished and non-dished ones though.

M-pars are still a close 2nd though.

Anyone know how to photoshop? :(

Autohaus guest

Get the deep dish one's. I feel that they are a must for bimmers......

snikwad guest

what color is your sedan. you have got to get that darkish type finish on CSL reps man. or the same darkish finish on parallels.