Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW F30 M sport package wheels fit a 2009 e90 xdrive?

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by shyammichael, Jul 6, 2013.

shyammichael

Hi I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to upgrade my 2009 328 xdrive and found a new set of f30 style 400M wheels and tires for a good price and was wondering if anyone has done this before. I currently have the oem 16" wheel setup and these f30 wheels are 18x8 all around and et34. I can't seem to find information online and bmw mainline was not sure if they'd fit? Also would the TPMS system work on my 09. Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

charlson89

First welcome to the forum. I can tell you for a fact that your TPM sensors will not work they have been updated to a new design on the F30. The wheels I think the hub size is the same or close to it, bolt pattern is the standard 5X120. The 18x8 tires not to sure about clearance I know the 8.5 won't fit. The bolts are also different from the e90 to the F30. Don't quote me on this but I believe the f30 are 14mm and e90 are 12mm. My suggestion when ever wanting new wheels if possible do a test fit before buying them to make sure clearance is ok.

shyammichael

Thanks for the help charlson89. I think I'm going to hold off cant risk them not fitting properly. Spoke with Thompson BMW and they said since my car is set up with 16s I can't do much as far as getting larger wheels :(.

floydarogers

18x8 square setup will fit (the rears can actually take 8.5/9.0 because the sport package is 255/35R18 rear). Correct square tire size on 18" is 225/40R18.

Charlson is correct on tpms, I wouldn't know about bolt length. Both have same bore and bolt pattern, and 34mm is the correct offset. However, F3x tires (don't know if you're getting them, too) are different size (a little taller sidewall) and should not be used.

I don't know what your dealership is talking about: any F3x wheel (other than M3) of any diameter will fit on a 328. However, 328 wheels won't fit on 335i due to the larger brakes.

shyammichael

Appreciate your insight too floydarogers, now giving me something to think about. I do really like the set and it sounds like they may fit from your guidance. The tires are with the rims too I believe 225/45 18's, will these not fit my car? If so then these will probably not work as I'll have to buy a new set of TPMS and tires just to use :). Thanks for both your help!

floydarogers

The "correct" size is 225/40R18 for the E9x. However, I know that the slightly larger 225/45R18 will work because that is the size of the snow tire set I use on my 335d (blush). It does throw off the speedometer a bit - instead of reading 3-4 mph high, it makes it almost dead-on accurate, so watch your speed.;)

shyammichael

What do you think of the style 157s? I think they are offset 34. 17 inch so may be a safer bet than the f30 rims. Only $300 for the rims. Would these be a direct fit? Saw some pics on a rwd e90 and looked pretty sharp better than on the coupe. What do you think?

mrsbee guest

Just an off sides question - what is your reasoning for going with new wheels? Is it purely aesthetic or is there something wrong with your old ones?

shyammichael

Nothing wrong with my current wheels just looking to upgrade to some larger OEM wheels.

mrsbee guest

Gotcha! I was going to say if it was a matter of just trying to look tough there are other options out there, but I understand the need for going bigger. I've never had a problem with my staggered set-up, but then again if there was just a TINY bit more to them I wouldn't scrape my side panel when I'm trying to make a quick get away (you'd have to see the area to understand).

Good luck, and I'd suggest talking to some of your local chapter peeps - I've found that there are an awful lot of people out there just looking to rid themselves of wheels, usually because they upgrade to a new ride and put the old wheels back on to trade it in.

shyammichael

Thanks for the insight mrsbee :). I found these from a local seller in the Philly area so probably will go with them. 17 should be a good set-up dealing with city streets + you dont see the 157s on sedans so will keep a good look.

mrsbee guest

I just painted mine to look tough. I'm cheap, fast and want to be stylish.

Again, welcome to the forums. blacktardtores.jpg

shyammichael

Thanks for the welcome. Very nice, glossy black is sharp on your car.

MGarrison

Welcome to the forums, shyammichael :)

Cheap? Nah...! Try... "cost conscious" or... "judiciously frugal" ;)

mrsbee guest