Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New in Cleveland Ohio

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mwurman, Jun 30, 2013.

mwurman

Just joined and wanted to say hi...Bought my first BMW in May..2001 330Ci 'vert. Heres some pictures!

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

charlson89

Nice ride welcome to the club!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Jesus, that's pretty! Welcome to the asylum!

The car is mighty spiffy, but when did Ohio change the license plates? The new style has a nice clean retro-style to it.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Pretty car!

Welcome!

MGarrison

I think those plates came out in the last year or so - more importantly - Welcome to the club & forums!

kgmoodyz4

Nice looking car! Welcome.

Give me crap for a tangent.........Did you notice the guitar case?

mrsbee guest

Here, I'll throw another tangent out to make you feel better. I dated a college professor who took a position at Cleveland state. We got as far as buying a house in Lakewood, and I decided to break up with him and stay in south Carolina. I enjoyed Cleveland though...
    See, that's what this club is all about. Making people feel better and meeting new people.

Love the car, I've always had a huge soft spot for the 330i.I have a long story about test driving one, but I'll save that for later.
    Hooray, enjoy going topless!

Now, that's a Beamer comment........................

mwurman

Thanks everyone! Found this one on craigslist actually. Turned out that I went to high school with the owners kids...plus these were the kind of people that when the dealer told them the car needed this that or the other thing, they never questioned it and just did it. So needless to say it was immaculately maintained! All I had to do so far is the water pump (rest of the cooling system was refreshed at 92k) as well as shocks/struts. So put some Bilstein B8's in it. I have also ordered new engine and tranny mounts. Getting some good vibration transfered to the car, and at 104k i think its time.

Tangent..yes thats a guitar case, my Taylor 414ce ;)

MGarrison

What is this, an eye test? ;) But, nope, not 'til you mentioned it...

Music to every......... convertible driver's eyes ears. However, with the weather being so much better, that certainly explains staying in Sackalina, too cold in Cleveland to go topless there much beyond the summer months.

Putting the case and guitar in the car would make the car even more valuable.

mwurman

Exactly..almost a commercial too

mrsbee guest

Alright I'll write the advertising campaign.

Camera fade in focusing on middle aged man in a blue polo shirt and khaki shorts riding down Clifton Blvd. The wind rustles his hair and he has a crooked smile on his face. Music playing an acoustic riff of some sort - somewhere along the lines of a bad Don Henley tune.

Narrator voice over "Have you been that guy that is just too cool for his own good?"

Camera pans across to the passenger seat revealing a guitar case, a six pack of beer and a pair of womens underpants on the seat.

"We at ____insert advertiser here____ remind you, no matter how cool you are, always remember to hide the evidence."

And the car zooms away down Clifton along the shore with the cityscape in the background. Music increases in volume and reveals that the cops are chasing cool dude in the convertible.
    mwurman likes this.

ramitchell

Welcome to the club and a very nice ride!