Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Track Cars Avail For Rent

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by ralphwarren, Feb 27, 2013.

ralphwarren

For those of you interested in driving a high-end, fast, safe and reliable BMW for the driver school at Oktoberfest, but don’t or can’t drive or tow your car, I have 2 cars available for rent at Laguna Seca for Oktoberfest.

Car 1 is a 2008 BMW 135i. It weighs 3100 lbs with 385 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque. The car uses 17x9 wheels with 255-40-17 R-Compound tires. This car has been prepared to the H-Sport rules in Club Racing and has 2 seats with matching harnesses. This car should be familiar to those of you who have watched any of the O’fest club races at Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America, Barber or Mid-Ohio. The cost of the 135i is $950 per day.

Pics of the 135i are here http://tinyurl.com/aoown64

Car 2 is a 2008 BMW M3. It weighs 3300 lbs with 445 hp and 380 ft/lbs of torque. Manual transmission. The car uses 18x10.5 wheels with 275-35-18 R-Compound tires. This car has been prepared to the G-Prepared rules in Club Racing (full aero, big brakes). It also has 2 seats with matching harnesses. The cost of the E90 M3 is $1250 per day.

Pics of the E90 M3 are here http://tinyurl.com/ahcd3r9

Here are a few hot laps of the E90 M3 at Laguna Seca…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodEk64SHQI

Here are a few laps of it in changing conditions at Mid-Ohio…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzCHfBzgro

Both cars are guaranteed to pass the strict 92db sound limit at Laguna Seca. They are both easy to drive and would have a comfortable feel to anyone familiar with driving BMWs. Both cars are gutted but still retain most factory comfort and ergonomics features (lights, wipers, adjustable seat, adjustable steering wheel, heater box, etc.). Both cars require event damage insurance. It is additional but should be very inexpensive.

Both cars will be delivered to Laguna Seca and are available for any of the 4 driver school days. Cost of the rental includes track support, use of our aluminum stacker trailer and 15'x40' canopy.

If you are interested in more information about renting either of these cars, reach out to me at ralph.warren "at" cox.net

Thank You,
    -Ralph Warren

ralphwarren

I have edited the post above to change the following items...

1.) The E90 M3 will have 2 seats with matching safety equipment now appropriate for students and instructors alike.

2.) Confirmed the E90 M3 is a 6-speed manual transmission.

3.) Confirmed that insurance will be required and additional.

Thank You,
    -Ralph Warren

RacerRick

ralphwarren

There are still a couple spots open for the race cars but...

I am adding the E46 S54 Rogue Wagon to the rental stable. This is my street car. It's $750 a day and has r-comp tires, H&R suspension, Brembo brakes with Hawk race pads. It is very quick and well sorted. You will receive the same support as the race cars - mentioned above.

Outacontrol

Ralph
    I'm Curtis. I had a track car rented, but it can no longer be delivered. I am registered for multiple track days.
    What do you have available?
    • Staff

steven s

I suggest emailing Ralph.

Outacontrol

I tried that my email bounced back
    • Staff

steven s

ralph <dot> warren @ cox.net ?

chvossler

Ralph's email as listed worked fine for me. In fact, just reserved the Wagon for Friday - Thanks Ralph!

Chuck

ralphwarren

135i and E90 M3 sold out. Wagon still avail for Wed and Thurs. -Ralph