Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Roc Euro DCI review

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by robc1976, Jun 19, 2013.

robc1976

Wanted something a bit different so got the Roc Euro intake. I love it, the quality is amazing, has a nice chrome lip and couplers and intake have larger openings than most intakes. Has great sound and Overall a great product.

Note: Couplers are usually powder coated, I wanted brushed metal look....wanted something different lol!!

Roc Euro shipped the same day and has great customer service.

http://roc-euro.com/bmw/335/roc-euro-n54-intake.html

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Staff

steven s

Looks good but do you think that warm air is doing your motor more harm than good?

robc1976

Not in the least, Lot of people think CAI are better but this is simply not true, Turbos work much harder with a CAI than with a DCI wich in return creates more heat. DCI has show to flow the most air and have no issure with heat soak. My IAT's are VERY low even in summer, but I am also on meth, E85 huge FMIC. Even on a stock car heat soak is not a issue.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=199799&postcount=1
    • Staff

steven s

Guess I'm just used to a NA engine.
    I have a CAI but it's enclosed and in the cooler months I am noticeably quicker on the track.

robc1976

NA different story, much different.

charlson89

I have read and seen a lot of people with N54 doing this mod. I get how you get more power anyway the stock air box is very restrictive and the DCI allows a lot more air into the engine I can understand the while driving that this wouldn't be an issue for the heat since the stock air intake is still there delivering basically cold air. But at idle I just can't see them not increasing your IAT, the only way I see that is from the intercooler dropping the heat off at idle since the turbos are not creating as much heat at idle and the IAT is measured in the intake manifold. In your case I understand with running meth system why you have low IAT's, (also big kudos for running the E85 setup). I would be interested to see if they did the same test with a sealed system like AFE to see what the IAT's are. Either way I like your intake and how your car looks.

robc1976

At idle ypou may get a bit of heat soak, OEM intercooler will even combat this, but a larger aftermarket really is necessity if running this car hard, as well as a after market oil cooler...my cars oil temps never go above 210-215 and that is in summer. E85/meth is where it is at...here is a log

[IMG]

charlson89

Those look great that meth injection is really helping. How much power are you putting to the wheels with this set up?

robc1976

I hit 519 but had some air in the lines with my other meth set-up sui it may be a bit off. Not to shabby for a N54 with RB'S. I am going to stage 3 Vargas turbos once I find out if this car can take 700+ hp. The thing is I have 295's with shaved fenders on 10MM spacers and I still spin these....traction will be the biggest concern with with Vargas turbos. I beat many cars that should beat me simply because they can't get there power to the ground.