Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by charlson89, Jun 15, 2013.

charlson89

Wanted some opinions on trading my 03 325i with 116,000 miles on it for a 95 M3 with 105,000 with Dinan exhaust, Dinan intake, Dinan chip. The car is really clean but not to sure if I should get a car that old for a daily driver. I have had E36 before and enjoyed it and would like another one. The wife of course says your going to trader your newer car for this older one that makes no sense even though it is an M. Let me know what you guys think.
    • Staff

steven s

I'd buy it as long as it's been maintained.
    I'll be looking for another E36 but my DD only has ~260,000 miles.

How load is the exhaust?
    That's the only thing I don't like about my car.
    I have a Magnaflow and it's loud. Sounds great and I'm glad I'm the first house when you enter my development otherwise my neighbors would probably stare me down.

MGarrison

I guess I'd compare based on known issues between the two models - E46 v E36 subframe tearing, for instance. I think some of the other forums may have more particulars on stuff like that. The 95 M3 has more coolness factor though - but that's no basis for a rational purchase decision. Don't rush - you have the insight and skillset, so check the M3 out with a fine-toothed comb. Keep the E46 for the dd and make the M3 the weekend car - ;)

charlson89

I'm pretty sure if I keep both cars you will hear on the news how a BMW enthusiast was killed by his wife haha. I am glad though she does keep me in check and says three cars for one person is to many but of course I disagree. Thanks for the reply everyone I will let you know what I decide.
    • Staff

steven s

Ah oh. Improper use of the word to.

The number of cars probably more depends more on the size of the garage and driveway.
    Once you need to park them on grass then that's too many.
    charlson89 and kgmoodyz3 like this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Naaah, that's why we HAVE grass!

The '95 M3 engine is the S50 three-liter (US version; torquier than the Euro version), an engine that feels "quicker" than the S52 3.2 (and way quicker than the S54). People who like quickness and balance think the '95 M3, which came with a square wheel-and-tire setup (they staggered in the next year), is the closest to the "feel" of "the real M3"—that is, the E30.

It's certainly my favorite E36, and the only one I would consider owning. But what do I know?
    charlson89 likes this.

i have a 95 325ic with 189,000 miles everything works no rust runs like new i was told the straight six is good for a million miles, if the m3 is anything like my 325ic i wouldn't hesitate for a moment to buy it i was also told 95 is the last year before everything went computerized