Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

End of Lease Purchase Pros/Cons

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by bobfurstenau, Jun 11, 2013.

bobfurstenau

I am looking for pros/cons of purchasing my leased 2011 328xi when the lease is up in August. I am thinking it is a decent deal?

I have four BMWs X3 140k, 328xi 23k, X5 17k, 1200RT 8k

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Michael Bird wrote up the advantages of leasing a couple of years ago. You should be able to find it in the online edition of Roundel. It made some sense to me, even though I have never leased a car.

If you're happy with the deal and the car, buy the extended warranty and enjoy. Rarely will ever buy a car where you don't have to haggle on price and at 23K you should be slightly above the residual value.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Check out the monthly payments on a 2013 3 series lease.
    Sounds like you will likely have a payment either way,
    Might as well be driving a new car if the payments are close.

This is true.........

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Check out the differences between the coverage on the extended warranty & the new vehicle warranty.
    Make sure you know where you will be covered & where you will be out of pocket.

In the past, I've been quite pleased with the CPO warranty extension. There is a $50 copay, which isn't bad, after the 48-month warranty period expires.