Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from North IL.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Scrappy, May 22, 2013.

mrsbee guest

It might have to be a Yaris...

Youtube cat videos seem like a better option........

Scrappy

A Toyota? The only ones I want r a supra....but I can't afford the one I want. Or s MR2 2gen. My cars are my Girlfriends....lol. they don't complain because I have 4. If I had 4 girlfriends I probably won't be here...ha ha.

Cat videos are fun to watch.

Take a look at the Scion FR-S............it's a throw back to the days of a sports car.

BTW - "putting on my serious, adult face" ........A good spouse is better than the world's best car..........."taking off my serious, adult face"
    mrsbee and kgmoodyz3 like this.

mrsbee guest

Either way, you'll get taken for a ride.

CRKrieger

After all this, no one has suggested that maybe this guy ought to get a few driver schools under his belt before he starts showing off down at the drive-in with a SUPERCHARGED M3?

Tell ya what, Scrappy: get yourself signed up for Badger Bimmers' OktoberFAST school or one of the events with Badger or Windy City chapters coming up at Blackhawk this summer. Learn how much more the E36 chassis can do than YOU can do before putting a whole pile more horsepower into it. I'd rather MEET you (maybe from the right seat at Road America) than 'read about you' - if you know what I mean.

Scrappy

I was planning on going to a few driving schools. Those sound like fun. I always wanted to go to Road America. I know its about 3 hours away. I would love to ride with someone. Could put my GoPro on the car...yeah

O course Im going to drive it without the S/C for a while. To get a feel of the car. Baby Steps....lol

Scrappy

I would drive a Subaru BRZ (same car...lol) but i cant afford a new car right now.

mrsbee guest

I WOULD drive a lot of things, but life is more about being thankful for what you have, not dreaming of what you don't.

My wife had a 2003 Forester that left us very unimpressed. By 60,000 miles, one piston and one head gasket replaced and the automatic transmission was rapidly dying. The piston and head gasket was covered by an "unadvertised" recall if we paid for a 60k routine service at a price of $600.
    That will be our last Subaru.

Scrappy

My brother has a 04 STI he daily drives. It is nice but i hate how the clutch is a on/off feel. To short. I like my 325i way better even though it is not as fast as that. My M3 will beat him though....ha ha

But i did order a CCA Grill Badge and a new hat.......lol

floydarogers

Gosh. I don't look at the forums for TWO DAYS, and look what happens. Seems like a lot of OCD "gotta check the BMWCCA forums" going on. What is Satch going to say when he finally checks this thread? Maybe nothing because he knows everyone will pile onto any comment he makes?

mrsbee guest

Once you learn the ropes you'll realize Satch is far too busy with the important task of keeping our fantastic magazine and Newsletter running smoothly. Although, I'm sure he cares about each and every one of us, we shouldn't expect him to respond to every nonsense thing that comes out of the forums.

Besides, I believe there WAS a warning on the level of OCD that goes on here. My excuse is this - I come to the forums for inspiration. I keep hoping someday there will be an awesome story for me to whip some words together about. So far it's been close, but not quite.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Spent a few days away from my screen & my, my, my...
    It looks like you got the royal welcome.
    Bee Well:D

Scrappy

Yeah that was my thoughts...lol

floydarogers

Satch appears to exhibit all the elements of a chaotic system: here there, there then, kind of like bee random walks looking for flowers; a butterfly flapping it's wings and getting the winds to blow over there. I have no worries about his level of involvement here; just love watching his brief appearances. And Steve seems to always be here...

And, BTW, I'm actually an oldster - I was a member of BMW ACA here in Seattle way back when before they merged with BMWCCA, have interacted with Krieger on rec.misc.driving and alt.autos.bmw for 20 years, etc., way back before these forums existed. I'm just a retiring wallflower, unlike some people.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Satch & Bee in the same sentence... I bet he's busy buzzing around in the Roadster again.

Oh, I do miss the old days when aspiring writers lurked in the bars looking for stories or, perhaps, a transient approximation of love. Just think how the story line would have changed if F. Scott and Zelda existed on the modern web-scene......

floydarogers

Hey, Scrappy (OP). Sorry I jumped into a member intro without welcoming you.:(
    Ignore us, pay attention to your tolerances when re-building the S52. Looks like you are used to paying attention to details, as the black DD still looks great - my brother's red '95 325is doesn't look nearly so good.:)

MGarrison

Posted before elsewhere, but, why not again -

[IMG]
    mrsbee likes this.