Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from North IL.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Scrappy, May 22, 2013.

Scrappy

Hello everybody. I will try to keep this short. My names Tim and I have loved BMWs forever. I still have my first car witch is a 92 325i. Only had it for 5 years.

Still my DD

[IMG]

Here is my Project car....:D 98 M3/4/5. Bought to fix a spun rod bearing. So I got it cheap....ha ha

[IMG]

Problem

[IMG]

Here is a little that's going into it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also have BC racing Coilovers plus Lots of UUC parts. This is going to be a fun street car when I get here fixed. It's halfway right now. The trans is out and Im about to take the crank out to replace it.

Hope to meet all the Windy City folk. Or Milwaukee people. I don't mind a drive.

MGarrison

Cool! Welcome to the club & forums - nice project too!

Scrappy

Yeah thanks. This will be fun if I ever get this thing up and running.

charlson89

Welcome to the club nice build and I really like your DD! Would like to see pics when the project is all done.

mrsbee guest

I <3 N Illi. Actually I grew up in Lake Geneva, Wi (just over the border) but my family still lives up in Crystal Lake, Cary and McHenry. I was born in the north 'burbs. Ah, homesick? Never.

Welcome to the club, and if you need any advice or a drinking buddy, my sister is still up there. She can put 'em away (if you like Coors light that is).

All joking aside, we're glad to have you in the club. I can very much feel for you on having to get something "up and running". Currently I have a motorcycle in bits that just MIGHT cart me around town one day - until that happens, I'll just keep throwing money at it hoping for some miracle. Sigh.

:)

Scrappy,

Someday, MrsBee will tell us what kind of motorcycle she's trying to get running. Until then, you'll probably be as baffled as the rest of us.

BTW - welcome to the land of OCD, ADHD and SOTS (Sudden Onset Turrets Syndrome)
    mrsbee likes this.

mrsbee guest

and PITA, MDD and people who have names that make no sense.

MGarrison

We also thoroughly discourage inside jokes, because, you know, newcomers would never know what the hell we're talking about. :p

Talking about OCD, did you see that posting about Hot Wheels. The Star Trek collection must be incredible..

Just teasing......:)

But seriously, OCD is the first step to schizophrenia. If you're hearing voices that others aren't...get help, unless it involves writing large checks to me.

MGarrison

"Somebody" said to say that I have no idea what you're talking about - nope. Not at all. Another somebody said to say they predict that your chance of getting large checks from 'cca forum members is Lilliputian. Unless you want to come finish changing my wheel bearings... in which case you'll get a large check for about what somebody would be paid to do it - printed on a billboard-sized piece of posterboard. Now there's a large check for ya. :D

[IMG]
    mrsbee likes this.

Live long and prosper..........

mrsbee guest

Hmmm. I've noticed that we've taken to hi-jacking the new members threads and turning them into rants of our delusional existence on the forums. Perhaps we're scaring them away. I'm thinking that maybe in next years member satisfaction survey a question should be added "Do you feel that the online presence of certain forum members is overwhelming? Do you feel offended by the forum members? Do you feel the forum is a good tool to use in engaging in club fellowship?

But really, welcome to the club - no matter who you are a Trekkie, a Matchbox car collector, a Twilight fan (please no), or A Deadhead, we welcome you with open arms. Next time I'm up in the N. Illi area I'll teach you the secret handshake, but in the meanwhile just practice your odd behaviors and you'll be just fine.

Only the guy with that psychedelic love pad........he's strange. The others, like the OCD guy, are OK.

mrsbee guest

Who actually fessed up to owning the psychedelic love pad anyways?

I say O'Fest should be held THERE next year - it'll give a whole new meaning to the term "Hot Lap"
    MGarrison likes this.

MGarrison

I took Satch's lack of response as a tacit admission. :p
    kgmoodyz3, 109941 and mrsbee like this.

Scrappy

O wow....I'm going to get along here just fine.

Already OCD...kind of. My tools are thrown in the tool box and my OCD wants me to sort them then the Lazyness says.....do it tomorrow.

ADHD I think I have. Start working on something on the car....look a bird.....lol

PITA happens everyday on the 325i. Get one thing fixed 2 more things break. I just keep putting my money in my cars like you say and hope something happens.

O yeah I'm not a drinker....I drink rarely. No light beer. I like Guinness, Mike's Hard Lemonade and WoodChuck. That's about it.

Don't worry you wont scare me off by going a little off topic here.

Hope to be able to meet some of you.
    MGarrison likes this.

Sorting tools is always better than doing the next item on the "Honey-do" list

Scrappy, you know those voices that you hear? The ones that no one else hears? We're a bit like them..........

Scrappy

Don't have a girlfriend so no Honey do list....ha ha.

I was told to ignore the voices in my head. But they have such good ideas....lol. Now I have more to listen to.

mrsbee guest

Listen, Scrappy. Stay away from girlfriends - they're a waste of time and money. Invest that time and money into something more reliable and lovable, like, oh I don't know, a Toyota?

Besides, Girlfriends tend to put even MORE voices in your head. If you're not crazy now, you'll be after you get one. Actually, "honey-do" lists are awesome, it keeps you busy and keep your girlfriend from bitching at you.

Snuggle-Bunnies with a Toyota seems so sad................