Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Women............what are you thinking????

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 109941, Apr 7, 2013.

Don't be too hard on yourself, you're too young to know better.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Yeah, I read, but just didn't understand it. I should have known better than to just read the words, rather than interpret the words. The sad thing is that Satch got it and he's on the west coast.... the shame!

How do you think the German's describe it when they rotate home to BMW AG??

That's a pretty funny image of a German in South Carolina... talk about culture shock. :D

As a Prussian would say............they are southern Germans.......

mrsbee guest

It's not sooooo bad here. I mean, once you get around the language barrier people from these parts are quite nice.

You mean, like, they would deliver a small load of mulch??

mrsbee guest

**IF** they had a small truck and mulch to load into it, then yes, absolutely. In return, there would be an offer of a cold drink, but it would be declined, and it would be stated "Oh, I couldn't, don't worry about it. Anything for you, my friend"

*THEN* After the truck pulled away, mulch unloaded, the deliverer would make a mental note - that lousy SOB never does anything for me!

CRKrieger

Strike One: You misspelled my name.

Strike Two: I'm nowhere nearby (and haven't checked in in a few weeks)

Strike Three: Nobody's paid my retainer ...

Grousing about the free advertising I just gave you???
    CRKrieger likes this.

mrsbee guest

There's far too much info in that answer.......

So, CRKieger, Esq., in the original posting about the woman whose flag was draped at half-mast, what was is your learned opinion on approaching said woman and appraising her of the situation as suggested by Mrs. Bee. I, being the cautious type, opted to defer from that approach based on the possibility that said woman, with drooping campaign bunting, could have considered such an approach as assault. Was there any legal basis for my caution?

mrsbee guest

I don't think there has to be LEGAL base to have practical caution, it's the MORAL base that kept you at bay.

(my dry spell, ah yeah, I've hired more help at the nursery so that I have more time thinking of witty comebacks for the CCA forum)

MGarrison

Was?? Kein Knackwurst?! Was ist das "Bar-B-Que"?

Just in case translation may be helpful down the line....

Excuse me, do you speak drawl? And, if so, might I inquire as to from where you hail?

Why yes, I do happen to speak drawl and I understand you perfectly. I live in the great state of South Carolina; where do you live?

I am from the great state of North Carolina. It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance.

And I, too, am also very much pleased to make your acquaintance this fine day. What business, if I may be so bold as to inquire, brings you here today, and, additionally, will you be staying over until the morrow?

As I was wending my weary way this afternoon, I found myself coming over a bit peckish. Espying you, dear sir, nearby, as the pangs of famishment ensued, I was of the highest hopes and optimism that you might be willing to be accomodating by recommending me to a nearby charcuterie that might offer up the means by which I might alleviate my gastrointestinal cravings - in particular, for an establishment proffering ideally the highest quality barbecue cuisine. Are there any such establishments of which you might be aware and could direct me to?

Yes, I would be most pleased to suggest to you Mr. William John's bistro. You may find it directly if you proceed straight ahead on this road exactly one and one-third miles whereupon you will see this road intersecting with the Jackson Hollow Boulevard. It is a large intersection, and immediately after the large sign for the Miller Farm property, so I doubt that you are likely to accidentally pass by the turn-off. Please take a right on Jackson-Hollow Boulevard, proceed five-sixths of a mile, and you will see Mr. William John's bistro on your left. His restaurant is widely acclaimed as the most popular barbecue establishment in the area, and is highly recommended.

Thank you, kind sir, for your able assistance this fine afternoon - I am indebted to you for your aid! I will importune you no further, and shall recommence my quest with the greatest dispatch, exactly as you have directed, to the bistro of which I now have the highest hopes and expectations based upon your descriptions. I bid adieu to you now, my highest compliments and felicitations to you. May you have the most capital success in all of your future ventures and travels.
    wellardmac and kgmoodyz3 like this.

Morals, no. Fear, yes.....
    MrsBee likes this.

CRKrieger

I still don't have a retainer ...

I loved the translation!
    MGarrison likes this.