Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bill

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by wmljr, Apr 18, 2013.

wmljr

Hello folks, New to the site! Need to buy brakes and rotors 2002 330CI, can anyone steer me to a good reputable online site for parts?
    • Staff

steven s

mrsbee guest

There is somebody (name withheld) that swears by Penske Parts - although I haven't dealt with them directly, I trust the individuals experience enough to steer that direction the next time I need parts. Good luck!

charlson89

Welcome to the club!

wmljr

Thanks Steve, will check them out...I've been a member for a while, dealer has really screwed me, must do work myself.....says I need valve seals also, have a 2002 330ci with less than 90k...hmmm!

wmljr

Thanks......
    • Staff

steven s

I hear ya. My local indies have made me a DIYer. I have little trust for my local dealer.

wmljr

Aftermarket parts would be fine, if reputable....I'm really kinda ticked off about valve seals, last year they supposedly corrected the problem, took it back almost a year later for the same issue. They kept it for two days said they went deeper and found that it was the seals even though they replaced stuff last year for the exact same symptoms, they told me it was ignition coils this time before they kept it. I replaced the coils myself and it persisted, then pulled the plugs and very much oil fouled..showed them they kept it and said it would be 5 g's....hahahahaha...don't think so....

charlson89

Are they sure you oil separator is working ok. If those fail they can draw oil from the pan into the cylinders, quite common for that the M54 engine alot more then valve stem seals.

Z4 4TWO

Welcome to the Club. I'm a recent member, as well.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

www.tomkinsonbmwparts.com
    www.getbmwparts.com
    www.bavauto.com
    www.ecstuning.com

All sell OEM parts and non-OEM parts at different prices, from least expensive to most expensive. Sometimes one will have something you need and the others won't.

Edit: I just checked some front underbody parts that I'm about to order from Tomkinson BMW and the same parts from Penske were WAY more expensive!
    • Staff

steven s

Did you enter your membership number on checkout?